What are you wearing?

There are many local riders that look at you sideways if you ride a killer bike, but wear sneakers, shorts and a Bud shirt. Sorry, but the Florida heat makes boots, jeans, a black shirt and leather vest or jacket look kind of...warm.

What are you wearing when you ride?

I live/ride in NY and since we can only ride for a few short months of the year I don't think that the car drivers ever really get used to us. So when I ride, I ride to keep myself protected. Always a wear helmet, leather jacket, gloves, long pants often chaps, and leather boots. Really like the neon yellow/orange colors on all the clothing. It was selling like crazy at Americade last year. I think I'll get me some.

I wear shorts, sleeveless t-shirts, deck shoes, and no helmet.

You can see what the Florida sun does to me...

:)

219uipd.jpg

I live in a small town of about 2000. In the Summer I ride in shorts and sneakers locally. I know that if there is an accident I'll probably regret it. But that's the chance I'm willing to take. Now when I go into another close town where there is a lot of traffic, i ride with jeans and boots. Anytime we go out on the freeway we have a mesh jacket and jeans and boots. Also we always ride with a helmet. That's our choices and does not mean we think every one else should ride that way. :cool:

Most of my riding is in rural areas too. The entire county is only 98,000. I don't even live in a town, and the closest town is under 2000.

My son lives in Ft Lauderdale. The population of that county is close to 2 million. I don't want to ride in that county with or without a helmet!

:)

Scalp Hunter and I always - ALWAYS - wear helmets, regardless of the weather or the drive distance. Figure the pavement is always gonna be harder than our noggins. Other than that, ALWAYS gloves, usually boots - sometimes sneakers - jeans & a t-shirt for me (don't like shorts), occasionally shorts but usually jeans for John. Safety vests & long sleeves (don't get me started on the weather) if we go on to Fort Hood - their requirements! Bright jackets if we're traveling on a 'big trip'.

I rarely ride in the real hot weather. Usually cool or cold weather. With that said, I wear my leather jacket, boots, leather gauntlet gloves if its cold enough, boots & helmet.

I'm also looking at a summer (lite leather vented) jacket from Fox Creek. They made fantastic products and great customer service.

Always a helmet, blue jeans and boots and gloves, the rest is all weather dependent. Below 70 degrees I wear a Harley leather FXRG jacket, in the 70's to lower 80's I'll wear mesh. Get higher in the 80's its risk time which means anything from a tee shirt to a tank top. I only tried shorts one time because I was too lazy to put on pants for a quick trip across the street from the Hotel to the store. The lesson I learned was the exhaust gets plenty hot enough to dish out a nice 2nd degree burn onto the ankle when bumped up against.

Just triked a month ago and was used to wearing ATGATT and that was in the Florida heat and humidity. With now on a trike I sometimes venture out without a mesh jacket, but will never go without a helmet and gloves. Haven't ridden this trike in the summer yet and may go to shorts sometimes as I feel there is a lot less chance of going down on a trike.

I always ride with a helmet.
Normally it's a full face, but sometimes when it's at, and above 100ºf .... I wear a skull cap helmet.
I always wear gloves and long leg pants, and normally boots, but sometimes I'll wear some hi-top sneakers.

The summers here in the Ca. Sierras are usually pretty dry, but the sun can sting uncovered flesh pretty fast.

I was in Florida, for May and June of 2000 and on into Virginia/D.C. for the 4'th of July.
With that area of the country's summer heat and humidity, I can't imagine wearing 'anything' extra, even for safety ....... other than maybe a condom. ;)

99% of the time I wear a helmet. I have one that is cooler than the other for hot weather. Very rare to wear shorts (usually coming back from softball and overheating). Jackets and chaps depent on weather. Usually only wear boots for long trips and bad weather.

I always wear a half helmet, jeans, riding boots, and my leather jacket until gets into the mid-70s or warmer... then I switch to my leather vest. When it gets into the high 80s or hotter, I usually drop the vest and wear a T-Shirt. I never, ever go riding without jeans and boots, though.

We have to wear helmets here in GA - but I've always worn a helmet, even in states where they are not mandatory... brains are hard to fix, and mine is on the last few working cells as it is!

Just triked a month ago and was used to wearing ATGATT and that was in the Florida heat and humidity. With now on a trike I sometimes venture out without a mesh jacket, but will never go without a helmet and gloves. Haven't ridden this trike in the summer yet and may go to shorts sometimes as I feel there is a lot less chance of going down on a trike.

The chances of going down on a trike may be a touch less but if someone pulls out in front of you, and you hit them, your coming off that trike.

What you says makes sense. I'm thinking of sand or oil on a curve, or a panic stop. Better to be over protected than not enough.

Sand or oil in a curve can sure enough make a bad day on 2 wheels vs just making the ride a little more interesting on a trike.

Well Utah is in the high 90's to 100's during the summer but it is a dry heat:);). Anyway I always wear a helmet,gloves,and at least a mesh jacket and good shoes or boots. I decided long ago to dress for the wreck not the ride.I think it still applies even on three wheels.

Helmet, gloves, jacket of either mesh or leather depending on weather, Jeans (again with chaps if cool) and Boots. Been in two major Wrecks (t-boned one car, and was t-bone the other time) if I had not been wearing my gear I would not be here today.
P.S. both wrecks on 2 wheels (2 goldwings totaled)

Well Utah is in the high 90's to 100's during the summer but it is a dry heat:);). Anyway I always wear a helmet,gloves,and at least a mesh jacket and good shoes or boots. I decided long ago to dress for the wreck not the ride.I think it still applies even on three wheels.

When I hear "dry heat" I always think of Johnny Carson when he said "so is a pizza oven" Just new on 3 wheels I'm inclined to agree with you.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png