V-6 Trike

B-2

Apr 15, 2010
Conroe,TX
I am just starting to build our trike I am thinking about using the drive train from a FWD Ford with a 3.8 with a auto trans. And build my own frame with tubing, I am just not sure about the rad. I have been looking everywere on the net but have not found very many that I like. If any one has one with a v-6 I would like to see some pic's.
Thanks Bill

Is it cold where you live?

If so can I suggest you consider two small motorcycle radiators in front of your legs hooked up to the heater in/out on the engine. But this is in addition to a decent size radiator mounted elsewhere.

I have a Toyota MR2 radiator mounted under the passenger seat. 24"x13". Some Alfa radiators are smaller so look at them. I dont get a lot of airflow under the seat so thermo fans are needed.

I have one M/C radiator in the front. I plan to hook up another abnd mount them vertically in fornt of my lower legs. I'll need louvres to direct the hot air under the trike in the summer.

IMG_00022.jpg

cant see the radiator?

IMG_00182.jpg

IMG_0007-5.jpg

a large radiator in the front would be efficient but not attractive.

IMG_00202.jpg

Thanks for the info I am still looking into what I am going to build. I am just not sure of a VW Motor I have never worked on one or had a VW. I know it would be a lot easyer to build a VW than a V-6, but I am not sure yet that a VW would be up to the trips I want to take. And we will be towing a tear drop trailer on long trips across the US, if I though the VW would not over heat & pull over the mountains I would use a VW. If I am going with a VW I will buy a complete new motor, not use a older one & rebuild it.
Thanks for the info again.
Bill

I built two trikes with V-6 engines and FWD transaxles. One had the radiator in the stock position, right behind the passenger, and the other had the radiator in the rear. Both were surrounded by bodywork, and both worked well. It's all about making an enclosure that creates a postive pressure area ahead of the radiator and having sufficient airflow. PM me if you have any questions.

Attachments

• prpljesus.jpg
    prpljesus.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 97
  • newzw01.jpg
    newzw01.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 107

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1ULUV2HATE

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1ULUV2HATE
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png