New Product

Mar 7, 2011
Muncie, Indiana
I am coming out with a couple of new products made for the Tri-Glide.

I ride pretty much year round and have been working on trying to stop as much cold air as possible from coming around as well as under faring and over tank area of the Tri-Glide. I know, if you want to be warm, drive a truck! Not me. The "wing" deflectors that mount down the side of the forks that HD makes would not work with turn signals / lower fairings and the ones made by Randy Emter at Street Glide Wind Deflectors did not fit to follow rake of forks on the Tri-Glide. Instead of reinventing the wheel for these, I have been working with Randy on a redesign of his to fit our Tri-Glides. These will follow the rake of forks as well as clear the lowers with no modifications. We will both be selling them for the Tri-Glide.

I also have designed a deflector to mount under the fork lower tree to block air coming under faring and up and over tank. Jerry Leonard has been testing the different shapes I have been cutting and bending and to date, we are happy with results. Results with both deflectors together, they block most of the cold air I have experienced from these areas. For extreme cold riding, the only other area is what comes over lowers and up the leg. Still working on that one. I will be sending several sets of final prototypes in raw metal form to a couple of Forum Members I have been talking with about these for final testing in January. If all goes well, we should have them to market in February.

The fork leg deflectors will be chrome, lower tree deflector will have a formed metal mounting bracket (powder coated) and formed smoked Lexan deflector. If you are also a cool weather rider and are interested, give me a call or drop me an e mail for more information.

glassbeveling@hotmail.com
Dennis Swan

I have the under fork deflector on my Tri and have been running it for 6 months. Dennis and I have tried a lot of different ideas and I think have settled on design that really cuts the air from coming up in front of the tank. This is Dennis Swans work I just have been lucky enough to help test the idea. We were talking one day over the phone about his brackets and this topic came up, He has been nice enough to let me test some of his handy work. This thing WORKS. It works 10 times better than the one Harley puts on the RoadGlide. Stops that cold air from coming up under your chin, and makes a big difference. It clears the steering stabilizer and the lowers. It has an easy on and off bracket and looks sharp also. Same quality as his other products, I believe he has another winner idea here. I'm not giving mine back, sorry Dennis. ;-)

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis... I'm trying to save some money for my trip to Alaska and you are making it very hard for me!!!! Seriously, looking forward to seeing the new stuff!

Can't wait to see some photos.

Just mounted finial prototype. They fit great. Good clearance on both sides at full turn at lowers, clearance so if needed, adjustable vents can be opened when "wind" is wanted. Good clearance for turn signal buckets so wing aligns with fork angle. Will now make 3 more sets for fellow forum members to try out as I am interested in their opinions, and I am going to do a run of 20 in chrome.
Dennis

I will be looking forward to these additions. Have loved the lift kit and given numerous people the ordering info for them. I ride all year round also, but I am in Florida. Yesterdays breakfast run was 38 degrees so it gets cool down here. Thanks Dennis.

I have both the lift and tourpac kits and am really pleased. I will definitely be interested in the deflecters from what I have seen so far. Waiting for price and final info, thanks Dennis, good job helping us t-gliders along.

Dennis, I'd be willing to try those new wind deflecters out. Anything to decrease the cold air coming up between the tank & fairing. Hope you had a nice xmas & new year. I worked till 9:00pm fri. & sat. Built a bath & laundry room in a customers garage. Supposed to get 5"-10" of snow starting tonight. So will probably be out plowing tonight at 2:00-3:00am till when ever. Hope it misses you. It's lake effect off Lake Michigan,so you shouldn't get it. Take care.

Dennis, I'd be willing to try those new wind deflecters out. Anything to decrease the cold air coming up between the tank & fairing. Hope you had a nice xmas & new year. I worked till 9:00pm fri. & sat. Built a bath & laundry room in a customers garage. Supposed to get 5"-10" of snow starting tonight. So will probably be out plowing tonight at 2:00-3:00am till when ever. Hope it misses you. It's lake effect off Lake Michigan,so you shouldn't get it. Take care.

Sent you a PM.
Weather is overcast, rain, hail then calm. I will be going out on bike for an hour or so this afternoon, must start off year on right foot, or on third wheel I guess!!!!
Dennis

Hey Dennis... I had never given much thought to the air blasting up in my face from over the fuel tank. Went for a 250 mile ride today in Eastern Oregon... it was 34 degrees..When cruisin' on the freeway at 75 mph with cruise control on, I put my right hand down above the tank. I was surprised at just how much wind was coming up from there and how much it stopped with just my hand blocking it. If your new product will stop even half of the wind coming thru there, that will be a great thing. Sign me up for both deflectors!..If you need someone to test them out up here, I will be happy to oblige!! I will fer sure be getting my plastic out when you say they are ready. Let us know when please!! And thanks for continuing to come up with excellent products for our Trikes!!!

Great job guys!! I think people like you are fantastic. Always out there making life better for the rest of us.

I am curious too to hear about the oil temp readings on those trikes that have the deflectors installed. It would be a great thing if that air coming up and over the tank were being deflected towards the engine area! If so I am in for one of those!! I am ok with the air pretty much otherwise. Yea, it comes in and yea, when it's cold it's probably unbearable but being a polar bear I can deal with it. I guess if I rode long distance like most of you, and in frigid weather I might feel differently.

Once again, great job!,
Rob

Trent,
I think I have you on my e mail list to notify when I have first batch done to ship. Will be a few more weeks.
I am enjoying this good weather (for January in Indiana). Strange but good.
Dennis

Great job guys!! I think people like you are fantastic. Always out there making life better for the rest of us.

I am curious too to hear about the oil temp readings on those trikes that have the deflectors installed. It would be a great thing if that air coming up and over the tank were being deflected towards the engine area! If so I am in for one of those!! I am ok with the air pretty much otherwise. Yea, it comes in and yea, when it's cold it's probably unbearable but being a polar bear I can deal with it. I guess if I rode long distance like most of you, and in frigid weather I might feel differently.

Once again, great job!,
Rob

MAT, I do not have oil temp gauge but a head temp on my tuner. Others that will test have oil temp gauges. That is the last test for these.
My thoughts are if it is not coming over tank, it is staying down and over motor area. Time and seat time should tell the tale.
From mine and one other testing to date, all is well in motor temp area, just waiting on others results.
Dennis

Dennis.. Weather is very strange here also. Where I rode yesterday is normally under 2 feet or more of snow. Our ski mountain, Bogus Basin has yet to open all winter. They are losing $100,000 a day. We are all doin' a lotta ridin' to take advantage of this, but we will be hurtin' for water come next summer. Your new equipment will be greatly appreciated for winter cold conditions. I like that we will be able to open them up if we want more air to come thru and want to see how is affects engine temp also. Right now though, engine temp is not an issue!, ,,Frostbite is!.. lol! But still havin' a blast! Thanks!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png