Time to quit lurking

Nov 7, 2011
Waynesville Mo
ask some questions. I've been around bikes a long time and own 2 Valkyries and a Can Am Spyder, however I wanted something a little different and I'm in the process of building a V8 trike with a 302/C4/independent rear. After much research I decided to go ahead and use a 1100 Goldwing front end even though I was worried about it being strong enough however I wanted the motorcycle look up front. My main question is how much air pressure can I run in the front end, and is there aftermarket heavier spring available for the forks so I don't have to run high pressure. Thanks in advance and I'm sure before I get done I will have more.

Hey Molee,
My trike has a small block chevy with a 350 trans., and I'm using a 2002 harley front end. I drilled and taped the top plugs and installed air fittings, put in 12lbs. air and it worked! I put on aluminum intake and water pump and the front came up 11/2 in.
Been riding for two years with out any problem.
Hope this helps, If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Mike

Hey Molee,
My trike has a small block chevy with a 350 trans., and I'm using a 2002 harley front end. I drilled and taped the top plugs and installed air fittings, put in 12lbs. air and it worked! I put on aluminum intake and water pump and the front came up 11/2 in.
Been riding for two years with out any problem.
Hope this helps, If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Mike
Thanks, I would like to find some stronger springs just in case something happens and I lose air out on the road.

Most Wingers get around to instaling Progressive fork springs sooner or later. That is the non 1800 types. They replace the old 2 piece springs and between that and my last fork rebuild I was ready for the Dragon. But, like you and others, I'm Spydering now.

Patrick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png