takeing a trip to daytona

Apr 25, 2010
fort mohave ,az.usa
the wife and i are making a trip to daytona bike rally , we are leaving from arizona , and would like to know if there is any one out there experenced this trip from arizona and what we might expect and if there is any attraction we might see along the way and what route you might suggest to take beings it is still winter time, we well be pulling a trailer with our 2010 tri glide , any advise would be appreciated

Alot probably depends on the weather the day you are leaving. I have ridden I-10 from Tucson to New Orleans. I-10 is probably your safest bet, but I have seen snow at rest area in AZ (the one with big rocks around it). I always like stopping in New Orleans. There is a Hampton Inn not far from Bourbon St. that has an enclosed secure garage.
The good news is the Tri-Glide handles snow pretty good (just like a car without ABS brakes). Keep in mind, if you do hit any snow, don't use the front brake. You will just slide. If you do use front brake and it locks up fast, counter steering will now work is the good news. Enjoy the trip. I haven't been down to bike week since the mid 90's.

thanks for the info bikerbozo hopefully we won't see snow but if we do well have to be careful my plans is to take i-10 and the way back would like to spend a couple of days in new orleans

I do believe that New Mexico will be your higest elevation and dress warm !!! My last trip across I-10 from Phoenix to Jacksonville is a looong road. The gas stops are fewer inbetween from Ariz most of the way to San Antonio so don't try to strech the fuel !!! I found that stopping at each state welcome center you will get a new map and discount booklets for motels. The good part is that if you know where you want to stay, they will call from the welcome center and get those lower rates for you. Somethime you get somewhere and thay tell you that they are out of the specials. If you stop in New Orleans during the week and no special events going on, the welcome center has really good specials in the french quarter and inside parking. We have gotten $225 a night rooms for $49 on three different trips thru. Ask about parking as it is not always included.

Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png