injector cleaner

Oct 14, 2011
austin tx usa
So, I read posts on injector cleaners, went to Auto Zone and found many different brands that all make the same claim. Seafoam for around $10, and other brands for much less. Is there really a difference to justify the greater expense?
Gerald

I use Seafoam regularly for carburated bikes. Can remember when Seafoam was around $2 per bottle and then it jumped up to around $10-$11. :Shrug:

In talking with the auto parts store guy, his opinion was that for carburated vehicles, Seafoam was good stuff and he used it as well, but when it came to actual Fuel Injector Cleaner, his recommendation was the Lucas Injector Cleaner.

There's a variety of products out there to choose from, other opinions to be offered, just my .02..........Ride Safe

from a old retired auto service manager SEAFOAM is worth the price.besides you shouldn,t put a lot additives in your tank. FUEL COMPANIES ALEADY DO IT FOR YOU. unless you bought some fuel from a batch from a station.i wouldn,t use it but 1 or 2 times a year. ride safe / be safe

My experience has been to use nothing. I put 103,000 on my last wing without adding anything. I DID try to use Chevron gas (which uses Techron) whenever possible to keep things clean.

I've been using Startron ( Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment - HOME ) for about six months now -- Ethanol has invaded the gas pumps here in Texas and I noticed performance loss soon after that happen. My son clued me in to Startron and I did several tanks of gas research/comparison. The cost factor for the product was completely eliminated by improved gas mileage but the real winner was the restoration of power. There is come cleaning agent but in there but it's real claim to fame is the counter effect to Ethanol.

The advice I was given is to use a "complete fuel system cleaner" in lieu of only a fuel injector cleaner. I have been using the Gumout 2X concentrated All-In-One cleaner. A 10 oz. bottle at Autozone is about $10 and it gives me three tank treatments. I use it about every 1000 miles and now feel better that my bike fuel system is not getting as badly contaninated. I have noticed about a 6% gas mileage improvement but that is not the primary real reason that I am using it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png