Tri glide width

Oct 31, 2011
Minnetonka MN
I have seen the specs for the overall width of the 2011 tri glide listed at 43.9" and 54.7". What gives? Is one measurement the track?

What is the track of the tri glide?

A search on Google found this:Chassis and Dimensions

Brakes: 4 piston fixed front, 31.75mm single piston floating rear
Parking Brake: Lever actuated dual parking brake.
Lean Angle (per SAEJ1168): N/A
Exhaust System: Chrome, cross-over exhaust with dual mufflers and taper end caps.
Front Wheel: Black 7-Spoke Cast Aluminum
Rear WheeL Black 7-Spoke Cast Aluminum
Wheel Option: N/A
Front Tire: MT90B16 72H
Rear Tire: P205/65R15
Length: 105.80 in.
Seat Height: 27.50 in. (laden) / 29.60 in. (unladen)
Ground Clearance: 4.70 in.
Rake Steering Head/Trail: 26° / 3.94 in.
Wheelbase: 66.65 in
Track Width: 43.88 in.
Fuel Capacity: 6.00 gal.
Oil Capacity: 4.00 qt.
Dry Weight: 1139.60 lbs.
Running Order: 1174.20 lbs
Luggage Capacity: 6.56 cu ft. (volume) / 80.00 lbs. (weight)

I have seen the specs for the overall width of the 2011 tri glide listed at 43.9" and 54.7". What gives? Is one measurement the track?

What is the track of the tri glide?

I just measured my Tri [11] I don't if I'm measuring from the same spot that the factory measures, But from the outside of one tire to the outside of the other [not the fenders] i get 50 inches??? :Shrug:

I just measured my Tri [11] I don't if I'm measuring from the same spot that the factory measures, But from the outside of one tire to the outside of the other [not the fenders] i get 50 inches??? :Shrug:

I don't know stuff, but I have common sense. You guys are making something hard out of something so very easy. I would suspect the track is measured from the center of each tire. So take your 50" and substract approximately 3" from each tire, that would leave 44". Now If I knew how to use a caliper, I could come pretty close to the 43.88 that Harley shows as the track. Hope this helps.

I don't know stuff, but I have common sense. You guys are making something hard out of something so very easy. I would suspect the track is measured from the center of each tire. So take your 50" and substract approximately 3" from each tire, that would leave 44". Now If I knew how to use a caliper, I could come pretty close to the 43.88 that Harley shows as the track. Hope this helps.

You are spot on.

You should know guys need humored, we like to use tools and sometimes take the long way around the problem, gives us more time to drink beer while solving the worlds issues:D.

You just spoiled a half days WORK in the shop.ThumbUp

I just went into the garage and measured the '09 and '11. They are 54 3/4" wide. Too wide to split lanes, ride on the side walk, or gutter run traffic.... all the fun stuff you used to do on 2 wheels. I would guess width should be overall width, not tire width, or axle width. Wife and I can still park both scoots in 1 parking space, just not side by side anymore. They still draw a crowd, just not sure if it is the trikes, or my wife's 60 year old great ass ah looks. One thing for sure, they may be twice as wide, but they are 3 times the fun..... especially when you are old and now you don't have to worry about falling over.

Oops, guess HTML doesn't work here

You should know guys need humored, we like to use tools and sometimes take the long way around the problem, gives us more time to drink beer while solving the worlds issues:D.

I'm so glad you explained that, Mike! It clears up so much about what goes on at my house.......... :Coffee:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png