gummy controls.

Whats the best way to clean the control buttons (cruise control, handle bar radio controls etc.). All of the control buttons on my handle bars are gummy. meaning when the button is pressed it feels like there is some resistance and then the button is slow to return to battery position. Almost feels like some somebody tried to lubricate the buttons with pine sap.

It's been my experience the only real positive way to rehab the GL1800 switches is to remove them and totally disassemble them, clean with alcohol, lube with light grease ( I use silicone grease) and put back together.

I've probably done a dozen or so for myself and friends. They aren't easy and you have to be real careful but it is the best way to cure sticky/non functioning switches.

Some folks will tell you all you have to do is spray WD40 or silicone up in there and it will cure you problem. I won't say it will never help but I will tell you for sure it will never totally fix the problem. The first time you take one of these switches apart you understand why....

I just did my first reverse switch (my own) a month or so back. Took a couple hours and several four letter words but it's 100 % now...

In addition to Gold Rush's excellent advice, you might also find some Electrical Contact Cleaner in a spray can helpful in some areas of the switch housings. Radio Shack and other places carry it and it works great to remove dust, corrosion, etc..........just please be mindful to not get any on any painted surfaces.

There's 2 different kinds.....one also has a lubricant, one doesn't. You can ask the vendor which one he/she recommends for your application.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png