Harley Ultra Conversion

bdn56

Contributing Member
Sep 10, 2008
Banks, Alabama
I stopped by his shop to check the progress of my Champion conversion.
The swing arm and axle was installed. Starting to look like a trike.
The body was at the paint shop. The EZ steer and reverse will be added soon. I should have taken a few pictures.
I am hoping to get a call from Zooks better half to come down and pick it up.

Re: Harley

No pictures Bryan????? What kind of dad are you????? Does Zook allow no camera in the delivery room while your baby is being born?
How exciting! You'll soon be riding it home :D

HEY ZOOK! TAKE A PICTURE OR TWO AND POST IT IN THIS THREAD FOR BRYAN.... PRETTY PLEASE :)

So cool, Bryan!!! I think I saw your lovely bike the last time I was at Zook's shop, but it was still a bike then--nice to hear that it's growing up to be fine trike!

My Champion kit is scheduled to ship on 27 February, so it sounds like your trike will be heading out of the shop about the time mine is going in. Exciting times, right?!:D

BTW, Zook IS the man!

Re: Zook is the Man!!!

I stopped by his shop to check the progress of my Champion conversion.
The swing arm and axle was installed. Starting to look like a trike.
The body was at the paint shop. The EZ steer and reverse will be added soon. I should have taken a few pictures.
I am hoping to get a call from Zooks better half to come down and pick it up.

Thank you Bryan...(free chrome) Nice of you to brag on us (free chrome)...:rolleyes:

The rears all done but putting the body on. Its painted and looks good, a perfect match..it will go on tomorrow after re-checking all the bolts, belt tension, shocks, air lines & blocks and rear end alignment for the third time. The brakes get bled a second or third time for good measure, then the tail lights and turn signals get installed and wired, trunk light wired and the tourpack mount re-installed. Then the tourpack is re-installed (in the rear-most position) reconnected and all lights are tested.

All wire connections are soldered and heat-shrink sealed. Most of the Champion wiring is plug-n-play so not much soldering happens. After that we install the reverse, the exhaust system and recheck everything for alignment and fitment. Every nut and bolt gets Loctited blue or red depending on the application. It then comes off the lift and the EZ-Steer goes on last. This is done on the ground and is an all day job on the '08 Ultras!

After that the tires are aired to 24-26LBs rear and max pressure per tire spec on the front, the tranny fluid is refilled (has to sit overnight before filling) then it gets looked over one final time and we take her down the road. We put a few miles on her and make sure there is no pull, vibration, or "unusual" noises. Sometimes the belt will have a slight whine and have to be adjusted a MM or two right or left as there is almost zero alignment tolerance on the HD belts. It then goes back to the shop where it is looked over a final time, detailed and wheeled out to the very patient owner who hasnt had a sound nights sleep since the day it was ordered!;)

If you want I can take some pictures to post tomorrow AM before the body goes on.

So cool, Bryan!!! I think I saw your lovely bike the last time I was at Zook's shop, but it was still a bike then--nice to hear that it's growing up to be fine trike!

My Champion kit is scheduled to ship on 27 February, so it sounds like your trike will be heading out of the shop about the time mine is going in. Exciting times, right?!:D

BTW, Zook IS the man!

JuJu- Im counting on you to remind me to order more chrome...inventory will be getting slim by the time yours is finished ;).

Chrome? Zook, don't forget to chrome the dual-dipstick glutenator/regulator valve. That always adds some real bling! I'm just amazed on how many folks forget this item.

Zook, do you have any of that chrome paint left over? You had some on sale didn't you?
You might sell Juju a gallon or two. (joking)
Can't wait to see some pics. Thanks for remembering to move the tour pack back a little. After I installed the drivers backrest, the leg room was a little tight for my bride.

Bryan- sorry tried but cant post your pics from photobucket here for some reason...probably tired and a bit too durrrrrr...so I emailed to you.

talk to you sat

Zook says everything is back together except the EZ Steer and exhaust extensions. May be finished tomorrow? I hope the bad weather holds off so I can get it home.
Wouldn't you know it, we might get a bit of snow Sunday? I am being punished.

Do you all think Randy and Marge are giving it a good test ride down to Daytona and back? I need to call Marge to see if they are at the shop.

Just got done with the EZ-Steer and the pipes are almost done too. Looks like a trike now! Working late and had hoped to finish tonight but will probably be tomorrow noonish. Need to road test, recheck everything and detail it. Had to fabricate new exhaust extensions and mounting brackets to fit your pipes. Required about 50% of the time on HDs. Talk to you in the AM!

Re: Harley Ultra Conversion FINISHED

Zook took care of me. Finished yesterday. Pics in the Harley specific forum.

Bryans 08 Harley Ultra/09 Champion Trike, Reverse, EZ-Steer

BNewland08ultraChamp001a.jpg

BNewland08ultraChamp012a.jpg

BNewland08ultraChamp007a.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png