Americade 2012

Yes, we have a Trike gathering at Americade. You've got to join us! We usually go to Long Shots on Canada St. for a TrikeTalk gathering on Sat. morning. As we get closer to June I'm sure more will be posted. As for a Trike ride as a group it was kind of hard for us to plan one as so many of the group could only get away for the weekend.

So far it has rained every sat for our meeting. R U. Going to Americade this year? I am there Sun to Sunday. Where are you staying ? You can PM me if you don' t want on this page. Yes we meet at Long Shots for breakfast. We arrive before the parade. Good place for breakfast and excellent parking. The group has grown each year. We had 12 last year. We also have a rally in late Aug in centeral MASS. Last year we had trophies and door prizes. Stay tuned for time and date.

Putting a ride together has been impossible since so many of us can only come to Americade for the weekend or we're busy with the Americade activities. I can't make Thursday as that's a busy day with the Red Knights.

John, we are going to Americade 6/1-6/10. Staying at the Battleground Campground (across from the Holiday Inn) again and bringing the new trike!

For a couple of years have stayed at Mountain View Housekeeping Cottages, 1 Philip st, LG. We can walk to town for dinner & to the fort.
Also, on Friday & Saturday with heavy traffic we can come in via Exit 21 to 9, then turn left onto Birch, R on Gage, & L on Cortland.

If you are that close you can almost walk to the TT get together on Sat before the parade. I hope we get a few trikes to show this year . Rain has been a problem in past years , but has not dampened our fun .

This year we are going to be Americade Volunteers so our free time is going to be limited. We will definetly be at the gathering on Sat. as it is always a good time. If someone puts together a ride and we have the time free we'll come along.

Afraid money's too tight for me to go to Americade this year - I have the Maggie Valley trip and a weekend in NH in September already planned. Weather permitting, I hope to ride up for the Saturday breakfast though! :)

I been thinking of going this year to the Americade. We went when it was call the Aspencade, but they had to give up the name, so it is called the Americade now. Does anyone have an insight on where to stay close to town for the weekend? I plan on being there Friday night, as it takes 4 hours from Dover, NH to get there and my wife will try to get out of work early on Friday.
Mountain View only take 3 day stays, not two as the web site says, so they are out of the picture on staying. O'Sullivans hasn't got back to me if there is anything available for the weekend of June 8/9.
So, if you have an insight on weekend stay, please let me know. I think there will be my trike and maybe a couple for bikes going up, but not sure.
Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

2/25/2012

I have e-mail countless place in Lake George for rooms and not one has gotten back to me. I guess they don't need any more lodgers in Lake George. The places must be full. Right now there will be a trike and a bike going up on Friday afternoon.
Thanks for all the replies. We may see you at breakfast on Saturday, will it be Long Shots?
Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Hi Rosy, welcome to the site!! Thrilled to see another New Englander! :wave4: Be sure to sign up for the New England chapter of Trike Owners International (TOI), so you can be put on the mailing list for any local planned rides! We have a combined NE/MA gathering the end of August, so keep an eye out for further info on that too. ThumbUp

As far as Americade, if you want to stay "in" Lake George, almost every place jacks up the prices and insists on 3 or 4 night minimums - BUT - try watching the Americade forums as we get closer, because there's always people recommending sites, hotels/motels offering shorter stays/lower prices, etc. I'm sure someone else will jump in here with other suggestions, as well.

At any rate, glad to have you here, and looking forward to getting to know you better! :)

Rosy,
Getting a place in or around Lake George for just the weekend is going to be a challenge. I can suggest that you go to the Americade forum and search under "accomodations" as there may be some ideas there and people tend to post places they have available. Unfortunately most places want you have to book for the week. www.tourexpo.com

You can find a place out of town . Try Boltons Landing, or Warensburg, in town was most likely all booked by. June 20 ,2011. Glens Falls is a slight stretch . I would try the Land Mark Motel Glen Falls . Only 6 min on the high way to town . In town is not great. Traffic is horrible. If you like to go on a long rides. Getting out of town could take 15 min. Lake Luzerne is not bad . A lot of motels. Motels out of town are more forgiving on the 3day rule . Hope we see you for breakfast. I would love to get 20 people this year and at least a few more trikes....

Looks like I may not be attending Americade this year ( 1st time since 1999 ) Honey can't get treatment in a Clinic close by nearest is Amsterdam 46 miles away at 8 am . She needs this every 3days. We will be spending more time traveling to and from and 3 hours at the clinic than at Lake George.

Sorry to hear that John, but taking care of Honey is the main thing, I've heard from a few people that they are skipping it this year cause the Motel prices are getting out of hand. One Guy told me he pays $49.00 a night before Americade starts then for Americade week it jumps up to $139.00 + tax & after Americade ends it drops back down since it's still off-season. I wonder what everyone else is paying, my room is up to $129.00 + tax and I've been staying there awhile. Take Care & our best to Honey.....Tis

We pay $1,450 for a week . 3bedroom , 2bath , eat in kitchen & living room. Back in the day 3 couples were staying there Sun to Sun . $ has been risin 100 a year . Stayed ther for 10 years.

I plan on being @ Longshots for Saturday 10:00, anyone else planning on making it, also anyone want to go on Ride Thursday like it was mentioned.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png