Edmonton Alberta Newbee

Hi people and thanks for letting me in:wave4:

I am a two wheel rider, but do not have a Trike yet.
I have been looking and doing a bit of drooling.

Most of the people I bike with are on the highway doing at least 110 120 kl per hr.

My question is this, can I keep up with a trike??
We don't always ride at this speed but I don't want to be left behind or in the ditch.

I hope this question is not out of order, but I thought , who else to ask.
Some of you first timers would probably fit the bill.

Welcome. I was doing 128 kph in Nov for 160 km. So my tri-glide had no issue with that speed. That said, alot depends on engine and wind.

Thanks,
I really don't want to spend upwards of 33 grand without getting a lot of knowledge on how these trikes handle and how much freedom I may or may not lose.
But I am getting old and the idea of not having to hold up 800lbs when stopped appeals to me.

Also the luggage part is appealing.
I find now that I am older I need to carry extra stuff.
The trike I'm looking at is a Harley UC Lehman conv.

Hey neighbour. I'm from Edson with an 08 Goldwing / Lehman conversion. Trust me when I say I have no issues keeping up with buddies. Not sure what the Ultra has for an engine, but should be ok. Check out Trikezone at Pigeon Lake. Lots of trikes available for test rides.

Thanks,
I really don't want to spend upwards of 33 grand without getting a lot of knowledge on how these trikes handle and how much freedom I may or may not lose.
But I am getting old and the idea of not having to hold up 800lbs when stopped appeals to me.

Also the luggage part is appealing.
I find now that I am older I need to carry extra stuff.
The trike I'm looking at is a Harley UC Lehman conv.

Welcome aboard You will love a trike. %0 years on 2 wheels when to 3 3 years ago and have not looked back. Most of the full-size trikes will have no problem keeping up with the 2 wheelers on the top end. And in normal traffic when you get good on the trike the 2 wheelers better watch for you because a 3 wheeler with experience will knock them off the road. Good luck.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png