Sticker Shock at the Las Vegas SHOT Show.

Just returned from a week in Las Vegas for the 2012 SHOT Show. Lots of new AR-15 makers out there. Everyone wants on the band wagon before the upcoming Obama Drama.

380 ACP pocket pistols are hot items right now. I'm still not in love with the stopping power of the round but the newer ammo is a major improvement.

I decided to check out the new single action 380's. We sell tons of these at the store. Colt Mustang is back with a MSRP of $600. The pistol was gritty and stiff and would take a good bit of break-in. The Sig Sauer P238 was a little smoother than the Colt and a little bit pricier at MSRP of $679. By far the nicer 380 was the Kimber. This pistol is very smooth and has a custom shop feel.

Very smooth and a perfect trigger pull.

All the sharp edges have been de-horned and the pistol's finish is perfect. All these custom shop features come with a custom shop price. The MSRP is $1100.

Just returned from a week in Las Vegas for the 2012 SHOT Show. Lots of new AR-15 makers out there. Everyone wants on the band wagon before the upcoming Obama Drama.

380 ACP pocket pistols are hot items right now. I'm still not in love with the stopping power of the round but the newer ammo is a major improvement.

I decided to check out the new single action 380's. We sell tons of these at the store. Colt Mustang is back with a MSRP of $600. The pistol was gritty and stiff and would take a good bit of break-in. The Sig Sauer P238 was a little smoother than the Colt and a little bit pricier at MSRP of $679. By far the nicer 380 was the Kimber. This pistol is very smooth and has a custom shop feel.

Very smooth and a perfect trigger pull.

All the sharp edges have been de-horned and the pistol's finish is perfect. All these custom shop features come with a custom shop price. The MSRP is $1100.

Not a big 380 fan... I do like the Cal tech 380 if I had to get one... Id be more happy with a small 9mm. I am a big fan of the 454 Casull short barrel .. i figure if I don't hit you the first time the sound of the bus going by should do the trick. :AGGHH:

Any thoughts on 38 special as a carry weapon?
I have 9mm but its full size, trying to decide between a small 9mm, a .380, and a .38

I've always felt pretty much any gun is better than no gun, a 38 with +P ammo will get someones attention. There are plenty of good economical small 9mm out there, I just picked up a Ruger LC9 which so far has been a pretty decent little gun. I have 3 to choose from when it comes to carry, I have a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry in .45acp, a Ruger LC9 and a Taurus Ultra lite chambered in 38 spl. I've toted that little Taurus all over the US before I picked up the little LC9. Now I'll be toting the LC9 when I want to pack light and use the Taurus as carry when working outside around the house.

dscf0252r.jpg

38 Spl is a good choice. The only negative is the thickness of the cylinder and summertime concealed carry down here in the swamp. I carry a Kahr PM 9 as a back-up in the winter and a primary in the summer. It is thin and looks like a wallet in my jeans pocket. They are a lil pricey and if I was going to buy another pocket rocket I would lean towards the Ruger LC9. Got to run some rounds thru one and they are very smooth to shoot.

if I was going to buy another pocket rocket I would lean towards the Ruger LC9. Got to run some rounds thru one and they are very smooth to shoot.

I just watched a few videos on the Ruger LC9. Looks like a nice compromise between a full frame and compact. I'm going to see if the local gun shop has one I can handle. Thanks for the tip! ThumbUp

I went to the Shot Show, find one shotgun very interested on me so, I ordering one with extras magazine, if it working out good, I will use it when I travel this summer with my trike. You may look at their web site: ,SRM Arms 16 Round Semi-Automatic Shotgun | The Firearm Blog Tactical & Hunting News[/url] and please let me know what do you think?

Very interesting!!

By the way, I was at a hamfest (flea market) in Richmond VA this past weekend and the gun show that was next to it was completely packed with a waiting line outside. People were buying guns and ammo like it was going out of style. It may not be a bad idea to stock up on some ammo if you have the extra cash before they restrict ammunition sales.

Have narrowed it down to the Kimber Ultra or the Ruger LC9. Vastly different pieces, but have been a Ruger fan since 1978 when I bought my Security-6. Recently fired the Kimber & 'twas love at first shot!

Have narrowed it down to the Kimber Ultra or the Ruger LC9. Vastly different pieces, but have been a Ruger fan since 1978 when I bought my Security-6. Recently fired the Kimber & 'twas love at first shot!

I like my Kimber, sweet shooting gun. If you can do it I'd get both, then you could choose which one you wanted to carry.

I went to the Shot Show, find one shotgun very interested on me so, I ordering one with extras magazine, if it working out good, I will use it when I travel this summer with my trike. You may look at their web site: ,SRM Arms 16 Round Semi-Automatic Shotgun | The Firearm Blog Tactical & Hunting News[/url] and please let me know what do you think?

I asked around if anyone got to shoot this shotgun at the press day shoot the day before SHOT. So far no one remembers it. Interesting concept, I just hope it doesn't have a indexing problem with the rotating magazines. I'm a big Remington 870 fan but am really looking at the KelTec KSG.

1 of 4, Kel-Tec KSG Shotgun First Shots: "Eat Lead" by Nutnfancy - YouTube

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png