roadrider

Welcome to crazyhouse roadrider. Do you have a trike yet or planning on one? Post some pictures in the "garage" and make a few friends.

ZOOK

Welcome Roadrider, hey U r not the only one with snow!!!! We got a dusting in Alabama last night :). I think they closed all the stores and everything!!!! Hope U enjoy the board we have some pretty good people on here. U have to watch out for that Bazooka and that other guy called Trikerjim, they will lead u astray.

Attachments

• 5989.jpg
    5989.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 5990.jpg
    5990.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 5991.jpg
    5991.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 5992.jpg
    5992.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 5993.jpg
    5993.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 5994.jpg
    5994.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 5995.jpg
    5995.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 5996.jpg
    5996.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 5997.jpg
    5997.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 5998.jpg
    5998.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 5999.jpg
    5999.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 6000.jpg
    6000.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 6001.jpg
    6001.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 88
Welcome to crazyhouse roadrider. Do you have a trike yet or planning on one? Post some pictures in the "garage" and make a few friends.

ZOOK

Mr. "Z",
I'm so new to this I'll try to respond like I know what I'm doing (ha)
Have a 07 wing with a motortrike kit installed last sept. and only put 1500 miles on it prior to early winter setting in here in northern Mi. I've had several Beemers and only 3 wings and my first trike, I don't like the hard steering and wish I had ordered easy steer ($1100) could go back and get it done but it's 250 miles away to where I had the kit installed. I'm considering selling the rig as I miss the two wheel handling, I feel that you drive a trike and ride a bike?
I just purchased a Bmw R1200GS (05) as I've owned them before. I also have a 07 Piaggio 460cc scoot that is quite fast (98mph) but I'm not old enough for that yet (I'm only 72) so I guess I wait till my riding friends age (97--he ridea a 89 wing side hack) before I get another one.
Thkx for the welcome!

road/rider

Welcome Roadrider, hey U r not the only one with snow!!!! We got a dusting in Alabama last night :). I think they closed all the stores and everything!!!! Hope U enjoy the board we have some pretty good people on here. U have to watch out for that Bazooka and that other guy called Trikerjim, they will lead u astray.

Thkx for the welcome S&C!
Have friends in Fairhope Al. Pretty state to ridein, only been there in a car though. Last week I got back from a bike hauling trip to S/Carolina but got too close to the big pond for hilly riding, was in the lowlands, liked the trip back thru Tenn and Vir.and glad we missed the rotten weather in OH. Was 11 below here this a.m. but went downstate to a BMW open house and felt like spring, it was in the twenties (ha)
Mr. "B" got to me already, don't know if he's setting me up yet or not (ha):)

road/rider

Thkx for the welcome and "watch out for K/fish" on the w/ends.
Fotos will be forth coming down the road. I do like the Dark blue color for 07 but sure wish I had put easy steer on it when it was converted, my old muscles get tired driving this thing instead of riding it, maybe I'll learn, first 1500 miles are so-so, glad I still have a two wheeler!!!:)

Keep riding that trike and you'll like it more and more. It IS different and it takes getting used to. But if you don't, ya know, they're not everybodys cup of tea. On this board we pretty much agree you ride what makes YOU happy. I hope it turns out good and the pros outweigh the cons...If we can help let us know :)

road/rider

Keep riding that trike and you'll like it more and more. It IS different and it takes getting used to. But if you don't, ya know, they're not everybodys cup of tea. On this board we pretty much agree you ride what makes YOU happy. I hope it turns out good and the pros outweigh the cons...If we can help let us know :)

If I keep it, I'll have to get easy steer, unless my muscles grew over the winter months (should have from shoveling snow-ha):) Maybe with the Beemer, I can somehow keep the best of two worlds going for awhile? Since I have a trike, I sure notice more of them on the road! There sure are some nice ones out there.

As us Baby Boomers get a little more seasoned I suspect the Trike will become the ride of choice for many who still (now how do they say it), "want to keep their knees in the breeze." There are many who have a second "fun bike" that is used to scoot around local and still offer the fun of two wheels, and then trike for the long huals of touring.

Now if it muscles in your arms ya want, drop me a line and I send ya over one of my extra sports chairs and you can use it for a few weeks. Few weeks of that and that ole MoterTrike will feel like a feather.:);):cool:

Great to have you aboard for sure.

I'll respond to ya just as soon as I can recall what your name is. . . now let's see, I know I wrote it down here somewhere. . . darn, thought it was something easy. :):)

Hyvää päivää roadrider!

If you know what that means I can make an educated guess what end of the bridge you're from.;) I am a displaced Yooper now in the SW corner of Missouri, by way of Minnesota.

The rake kit made a night-and -day difference in the steering for me. I live in the Ozarks, except for the freeway, I don't think there are more than 3 miles of straight road in a row down here. :D Great riding area!

Aside from the trike, I also ride a Harley, so I get the best of both worlds, 2 and 3 wheels. The ride, feel and visuals from the pilot's seat are so different between the 2 rides that I never do trike stuff on the bike or bike stuff on the trike. Love both of them, and they each get ridden about the same mileage per year.

Well, now that we know each other a bit it's now proper to say
Terve roadrider! Mitä kuuluu?

road/rider

As us Baby Boomers get a little more seasoned I suspect the Trike will become the ride of choice for many who still (now how do they say it), "want to keep their knees in the breeze." There are many who have a second "fun bike" that is used to scoot around local and still offer the fun of two wheels, and then trike for the long huals of touring.

Now if it muscles in your arms ya want, drop me a line and I send ya over one of my extra sports chairs and you can use it for a few weeks. Few weeks of that and that ole MoterTrike will feel like a feather.:);):cool:

Great to have you aboard for sure.

This baby is a little TOOOOOO seasoned, I think. Sports chair is a new one for this northwoods retiree. Do try to lift the "bells" a bit but prostrate cancer slowed me down a bit. One of the biggest I found riding a trike is how sharp they turn from a standstill, wow! My mileage dropped about 7 miles per after the trike install. My 05 wing was much better and my buddies 85 wing get over 50 most of the time (he seldom breaks the double nickle) He still can't beat my scoot.
Thkx for the acknowledgement!!!:)

being from the U P of michigan,am glad to see you trolls finally getting your share of the white stuff

DJ

being from the U P of michigan,am glad to see you trolls finally getting your share of the white stuff

DJ

Terve DJ!

LOL! I tell snow tales of the UP to the people here in SW Missouri, and they look at me like I am talking about a different planet, until I show them the snow report and pictures from the pasty cam at Welcome to Pasty Central. They closed school here last Tuesday with only 1" of snow, it went up to 50° and melted off that same afternoon. Though to be fair there is almost always rain that turns to ice and slicks up the roads before the snow starts.

I just got an order of korpuu from the Trenary Home Bakery. :) Now if I could get some nissu and pasties :D.... was going to order some pasties, but they are very spendy with shipping, and making the nissu bread is an all day ordeal, and neither one of us are bakers. :(

Ever been up to the Soo aye? Or ridden the Toonerville Trolley? I have and I`ve fished the Two Hearted too. Not a Uper though.

road/rider

Hyvää päivää roadrider!

If you know what that means I can make an educated guess what end of the bridge you're from.;) I am a displaced Yooper now in the SW corner of Missouri, by way of Minnesota.

The rake kit made a night-and -day difference in the steering for me. I live in the Ozarks, except for the freeway, I don't think there are more than 3 miles of straight road in a row down here. :D Great riding area!

Aside from the trike, I also ride a Harley, so I get the best of both worlds, 2 and 3 wheels. The ride, feel and visuals from the pilot's seat are so different between the 2 rides that I never do trike stuff on the bike or bike stuff on the trike. Love both of them, and they each get ridden about the same mileage per year.

Well, now that we know each other a bit it's now proper to say
Terve roadrider! Mitä kuuluu?

Hi Don,
I'm a troll (northern lower Mi.) my daughter worked out of Houghton and had an office in Calumet for three years, she covered the schools from Kearsarge to South Range and Winona, she maybe can understand your "Yooper" lingo, my favorite U.P. band is the Yoopers, they came to Traverse City and performed about three years ago at the National Cherry festable, drew quite a crowd!
I liked the area around Branson and also picking up parts of route 66 on my way out west, fun road to try and travel. Will be planning to ride to Wyo.

the end of May but will probably stay north of you and do the black hills again before the crowd gets there, was there for the 50th and there was'nt any roads out there you could do the speed limit for bikers (give me the U.P. and copper country on a nice cool sept. day, eh!!)
:)

Terve DJ!

LOL! I tell snow tales of the UP to the people here in SW Missouri, and they look at me like I am talking about a different planet, until I show them the snow report and pictures from the pasty cam at Welcome to Pasty Central. They closed school here last Tuesday with only 1" of snow, it went up to 50° and melted off that same afternoon. Though to be fair there is almost always rain that turns to ice and slicks up the roads before the snow starts.

I just got an order of korpuu from the Trenary Home Bakery. :) Now if I could get some nissu and pasties :D.... was going to order some pasties, but they are very spendy with shipping, and making the nissu bread is an all day ordeal, and neither one of us are bakers. :(

Stopped in Trenary for bread once (should go that way more but I hate the traffic in such a big town, eh!)
In 96 when my daughter went for an interview they closed down the town of Houghton, could'nt get in or out but the next day :)M41 was open (took 5 plows at once to open it) but they handle snow in an unbelieveable way.
A guy said a bad winter is when they have to exit the house from the second floor by laying a ladder on the snow (of course you knew that) I guess a bad winter is when they get over 300"s of snow!!
Does anybody down that way own a "yooper scooper"? (did'nt think so!)
If I ever get a last supper offer it would be a pastie (wet) and sho-fly-pie for desert, thats livin, got one as we were going thru Middlebury Ind. ((great)

road/rider

ZOOK

Hey
Bazooka, if you want to get Ozark Don's attention you might spell "aye" (eh!) I think he will respond better, also Yooper for uper, eh!
Just trying to help?
The first time I was up there an old fellow set me straight when I ask him why there were so many "Odd" people up there and He said: "They all go back accross the big bridge after Labor day" did'nt take long for me to catch on, eh!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png