Discounted Extended Warranties

If it's against the law in Florida, why would a company outside of Florida discount to a Florida resident?

FWIW, my Dealer, that discounts everything I buy 15% would not discount the ESP last month when I bought it.

Why wouldn't they? They're still making a good profit. When I got my first TG I spoke to a dealer who would discount the 7 year by $325. I don't remember but I think he was in Ill or Wis.

Even without discount, I've already gotten my money back on warranty work. And I still have almost 4 years to go. Never even occurred to me that was something to bargain about. I would still say go for it. What's the worst that happens? No discount?

Normally warranties are a waste of money. But in the case of the TG that is not true. They have many problems buy a person needs a GOOD dealer to deal with for warranty work.

Anyone know of where to get the best price? Against law in FL to discount them.Thanks

A quick google turned this up.

"Florida considers Extended Warranties a form of insurance. It's pricing is regulated by the insurance commission and cannot be discounted. Further, many manufacturers will not allow dealers outside the state to sell warranties to Florida residents again due to the insurance commission regulations."

Wonder if HD is one of those manufacturers?

Hey Paw Paw Willie do you recall the full price of that Ext warranty?
Also was reading another site about extended programs and they were saying that the drive train (eng,tranny,clutch) is not covered. Are these covered by your plan?

Ride safe,
RC

Interesting....I purchased just 6 weeks ago supposedly without a discount, and it wasn't $2250. As I remember it was around $1900. I'd have to go look at the paperwork to verify.

Lizard, did you get the 7 yr ext warr with the Tire and wheel coverage?
From all the posts I am reading the $1850 will more than likely be used up and then some. It might be the peace of mind I need. My only concern is the Harley Forum had a thread saying that the power train was not covered. If the Eng., Tranny and clutch are not covered then I'd say the cost is not worth the warranty.

My bad, I went and checked my paperwork. I was charged $2199, which also included tire and wheel. I hesitated on the tire and wheel as it seemed somewhat silly to have tire coverage on the rear wheels which could go 40k+ miles. Ended up getting it anyway.

I must be the 1%.I understand the piece of mind the warranty gives you,but to me that was one heck of alot of money!I don't remember what the dealer quoted me back when i bought my 11,but it was over 2500.At that time i had no idea it was negotable.I just figured if i had problems with it the 2 years i had a warranty,then i would just trade it in when the warranty was up.

Arnie, that's exactly what I told my dealer. Then I started reading the issues on this site and found out that 90% of them were fix under an extended program because the issues don't happen in the first 10-15K miles for the most part. It's a coin toss isn't it.
I'll wait for awhile, the TG (purchased new june13) has 2700 miles on her.
NO ISSUES YET...........
Ride Safe
RC

Tuccandler,knock on wood,i haven't had much for problems past the 15-18000 mile mark.I did that in about 14 months.I hope to make it til next year without anything major.I just left a h-d dealer & the next 4 trikes are already sold!The dealer i was at yesterday has sold two,& i think the next 3 or 4 of his are sold.The dealer told me today that H-D is running 4 to 6 wks behind,but he had no clue as to why.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png