Do you rotate your tires?

W3JNP

100+ Posts
Nov 22, 2016
Reading, PA
I'm coming up on my first oil change since triking my bike and was wondering if anyone rotates the car tires on their trike? This would be a good time to do it, I just don't know if it is an accepted or recommenced practice.

Do You Rotate Your Tires?

I have directional tires.

The rotation of tires is not necessary as specified by the manufacture.

I have directional tires.

The rotation of tires is not necessary as specified by the manufacture.

Interested in knowing why this would be necessary????

Dis-mounting and remounting only when directional tires are involved.

If mileage is the gain and you are a spirited rider, I would suggest rotating the tires. The right rear tire will show more wear naturally in the US because right hand turns are tighter when you ride to the right lane.

Too bad tires are not like food. When the date code reaches 5 years, nobody get botulism from running on dangerous tires. And, general opinion is that if tread remains, it is still good.

TREAD LOOKS GOOD TO ME !!!!:birgitsgiggle:

knot in sidewall.jpg

If mileage is the gain and you are a spirited rider, I would suggest rotating the tires. The right rear tire will show more wear naturally in the US because right hand turns are tighter when you ride to the right lane.

Too bad tires are not like food. When the date code reaches 5 years, nobody get botulism from running on dangerous tires. And, general opinion is that if tread remains, it is still good.

View attachment 43303
I had a tire do that once.

View attachment 43303

Just dismount the tire off the rim turn the tire around and remount back on the rim, Then your good to go...:Shrug:

Tires

Only have my trike for a few months and have no idea good long the tires will last. Needing news one will be inevitable. My tire size is, 205/165/16. Have been looking around and don't see to many tires that size. Where's do you all get them when time comes.

John -

You know that you have to remove the fenders to take off the front tires on the Prowler. I am not sure that it would be worth it unless there is clearly a difference in wear.

Dave

Thanks for that feedback. Pulling the fenders wouldn't be an issue for me if I decided to rotate the tires. I do agree that it would not be worth the effort unless there was a noticeable difference in wear.

Based on the collective feedback it doesn't look like this is a common practice.

My tire size is, 205/165/16. Have been looking around and don't see to many tires that size. Where's do you all get them when time comes.

You probably mean P205/65R16. Sorry, can't answer your question on where to get tires, but this may be important. Many trike owners replace their tires once their tread is worn 1/2 way. On wet pavement, the tires get to slippery.

This web page has about 40 types in your size. Possibly another trike owner will share what they like.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...6&rearWidth=255/&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17

Only have my trike for a few months and have no idea good long the tires will last. Needing news one will be inevitable. My tire size is, 205/165/16. Have been looking around and don't see to many tires that size. Where's do you all get them when time comes.

Have you tried Pep Boys and Walmart?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png