Khrome Werks 2+2 Stretch handlebars are on!!! Photos added.

Okay, I am waiting for my 300517 handle bars to arrive and have been watching videos. I can't find a video on replacing bars on a 2017 model. I think I have read somewhere that the plug on the TBW sensor on the '17 is not as big and does not have to be removed to get the wires through the bars. Can anybody verify that?

I did find an excellent video of a '15 but that doesn't show me what the plug on a '17 looks like.

Thanks for any help on this you can give. Bob

ETA: I'm thinking that maybe I should have started another thread on the 2017. If I have hijacked this thread, I apologize.

I guess I'll find out when I open er up.

Okay, I am waiting for my 300517 handle bars to arrive and have been watching videos. I can't find a video on replacing bars on a 2017 model. I think I have read somewhere that the plug on the TBW sensor on the '17 is not as big and does not have to be removed to get the wires through the bars. Can anybody verify that?

I did find an excellent video of a '15 but that doesn't show me what the plug on a '17 looks like.

Thanks for any help on this you can give. Bob

ETA: I'm thinking that maybe I should have started another thread on the 2017. If I have hijacked this thread, I apologize.

I guess I'll find out when I open er up.
I believe you have the new style should not be a problem my is the old short one with the dreaded green plug.

Bars are off!! One hour and a half for this ole slow ass man. Do not have to take the plug off the TGS on the '17s. The '17s are much easier than the one I saw on video. Somebody that had a fairing off before could have had it off probably in 45 minutes. I'm taking a break. Start back on it sometime after while. I am in no hurry.

Feelin good. Bob

Bars are on

First I want to apologize to hardwickbv for hijacking the thread but I want to thank him for the thread, it made me decide to change my bars.

Anyway the bars are on and I can't believe the difference. I went for a short ride and like others say, it's like having power steering.

I was slow at getting them on because my shop is a mess and my tools are scattered really bad. I spent a lot of time hunting tools.

One screw up. I have misplaced two of the top fairing bolts that hold the fairing and windshield. I'll probably have to get some new ones then someday I'll be messing around and there they will be.

Thanks to Fearless and all that helped. I appreciate it all. Bob

First I want to apologize to hardwickbv for hijacking the thread but I want to thank him for the thread, it made me decide to change my bars.

Anyway the bars are on and I can't believe the difference. I went for a short ride and like others say, it's like having power steering.

I was slow at getting them on because my shop is a mess and my tools are scattered really bad. I spent a lot of time hunting tools.

One screw up. I have misplaced two of the top fairing bolts that hold the fairing and windshield. I'll probably have to get some new ones then someday I'll be messing around and there they will be.

Thank you helping others here is what this forum is all about and makes it so great. you are very welcome. Fred

Thanks, as I am about to do mine. Were the brake and clutch lines on your '17 Tri Glide long enough, or were they modified ??

Thanks, as I am about to do mine. Were the brake and clutch lines on your '17 Tri Glide long enough, or were they modified ??

The clutch, brake line and the switch pack wiring were all long enough for the Khrome Werks 300517As. The TGS wires would go through the bars without taking the plug off. One drawback though: the hole up by the grips for the wires to be pulled through was not big enough to pull those wires through without taking off the plugs. Not wanting to alter the bars or take off those plugs, I chose to run the wires externally like stock bars. I do wish I hadn't had to do that.

I really like the feel of the bars though. Bob

The clutch, brake line and the switch pack wiring were all long enough for the Khrome Werks 300517As. The TGS wires would go through the bars without taking the plug off. One drawback though: the hole up by the grips for the wires to be pulled through was not big enough to pull those wires through without taking off the plugs. Not wanting to alter the bars or take off those plugs, I chose to run the wires externally like stock bars. I do wish I hadn't had to do that.

Thanks, I will order mine tonight.

Went to the dealer yesterday. They don't have a bar that will work for me. Also, if they did it would cost between $1000 and $1200 labor plus $600 for cable set and $150/$200 for the bars.

Here's what I want. 2" higher, 2" back and to fit with heated grips and CB controls. Is there such an animal??

Also don't want one that is any narrower then the stock bar. Same or a little wider is OK.

What is the difference between the 3000517 & 300517A bars??

Went to the dealer yesterday. They don't have a bar that will work for me. Also, if they did it would cost between $1000 and $1200 labor plus $600 for cable set and $150/$200 for the bars.

Here's what I want. 2" higher, 2" back and to fit with heated grips and CB controls. Is there such an animal??

The 300517As will give you the 2" up and 2" back. Be aware though, they are about 3.5 wider than stock

I like the extra width, give more leverage and takes less power on sharp turns. I like that.

I am not sure about the heated grips but you can call Khrome Werks and ask. They are very helpful.

If you don't want to do them yourself, I would recommend finding a good indy and get a price.

Bob

The 300519 narrow sweepers, I think is what Casper and others have put on also give the 2" up and 2" back without adding the width.

Not sure what year trike we are talking about, but I put the 2+2 Wide sweepers on my 2016 and only added the wiring extensions which cost about $25. There is plenty of extra cable under the fairing for the other lines. I'm not sure about the electric grips, I don't have them I got a quote of almost a $1000 from the dealer, indy quote was $150 to $200:clapping:

Apes!

I put on a set of 14" apes - pulled them back toward me somewhat and they are absolutely a perfect fit for me.

What an amazing difference they made.

BUT....

It did cost me a small fortune b/c I had to have the dealer install them since I'm far from a wrench.

BUT...

As far as I'm concerned it was worth the cost!

Now maybe a mechanical reverse????:xzqxz:

Thanks for your help. I installed the 300517 bars today. It took me about 1.5 hours, and it was easy, and no problems. Took a 30 mile:clapping: ride to test the fit, and I must say they do feel like power steering, compared to the stock bars. I am a very happy triker.

your handlebars

Just got back and they look and feel great!!!!

I am looking at the same bares you have do you have your gas tank lefted? I do and I am not sure if I would be able to pull them back as much as I would like so thats why Im asking

It is much easier to turn and I feel like I am not having to lean forward as much.

They are on the Krome Werks website as

1.25" 2+2 Stretch Bagger Handlebar with ETC for 1997-2017 Harley-Davidson[SUP]®[/SUP] models

KW Part # 300302 LeMans Corporation / Drag Specialties 0601-2650

Mid-USA Motorcycle Parts 49-1881

The dealer did use extensions on the wiring, stated the stock wiring was 2" short.

Here are some before and after photos

Before

View attachment 48709

After

View attachment 48710

Before

View attachment 48711

After

View attachment 48712

Before

View attachment 48714

After

View attachment 48715

Before

View attachment 48716

After

View attachment 48713

I am looking at the same bares you have do you have your gas tank lefted? I do and I am not sure if I would be able to pull them back as much as I would like so thats why Im askingI am looking at the same bares you have do you have your gas tank lefted? I do and I am not sure if I would be able to pull them back as much as I would like so thats why Im asking

I am looking at the same bares you have do you have your gas tank lefted? I do and I am not sure if I would be able to pull them back as much as I would like so thats why Im askingI am looking at the same bares you have do you have your gas tank lefted? I do and I am not sure if I would be able to pull them back as much as I would like so thats why Im asking

Yes I put DK Customs 2" Deluxe lift on the tank the front is 2" with 1/2" lift in the back.

I have some room to spare with where they are currently set. I am thinking of pulling them back a little more.

Bob

e

I guess the $800.00 installed that I paid for HeliBars was not as costly as it seemed. They were installed at Biktoberfest in 2013.

So the $800 I paid for my 10" apes (including cost of bars), oil change, and installation of Papa Zook's rake kit was a REAL bargain!!

So the $800 I paid for my 10" apes (including cost of bars), oil change, and installation of Papa Zook's rake kit was a REAL bargain!!

I didn't realize just how far in time this thread goes back, now that I re-read the post I quoted from! Lol!

:laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png