Hello from Renton, WA

I've been riding motorized two wheels since I was 12, when I got an Allstate Cushman scooter (you could have a 5hp scooter license in Albuquerque at the time). FREEDOM!!! Nothing like it. I loved that scooter. But then - Honda! Several bigger Hondas followed, then a Kawasiki 250 in High School (back in Washinton State). Army and National Guard led to a 450 Honda, then 750, and then when I met the sweetheart of my life, her cousin sold me one of the first Goldwings!

Then life set in and eventually I sold the wing and started in on High Speed Driver Education and became very involved with several car clubs. After a 25 year hiatus, my wife's boss and I became friends, and he let me ride his 2010 Harley Ultra Limited. He lived in Maryland, and kept an apartment in Renton where the Harley lived with him. Two weeks in Seattle a month, and two weeks in Maryland. He gave me keys to the apartment and the Harley, which I rode every chance I could.

When my friend moved to Florida, I bought the Harley. In 2015 the bike and I were nearly totaled by a dumba$$ woman who did a u-turn into me and pinned me and the bike under her SUV. Of course I bought a new Limited, but within a year I found I couldn't count on my right leg to hold up the bike when stopping (numbness from a back injury suffered in the crash) and I started tipping over (in Seattle traffic - not good!). So in February of this year I bought a Harley Tri-Glide.

I do most of my own maintenance and modifications and love it. I pretty much left all the fast car stuff behind, but still help a friend or two with their cars when they want to install something or do some maintenance. I'd rather be out riding the bike.

BTW - the screen name Onramp refers to the highways of life, which can sometimes be plugged up with traffic, but you can always enjoy the onramps (and offramps)!

Welcome Pat it seems you are a great fit for our group of three wheel afflicted people, good people here glad you signed up. :wave4: ride safe Fred

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png