Just Curious, What color and size windshield you have on your TG?

Jun 13, 2016
Norwich, NY
Just Curious, What color and size windshield you have on your TG?

I have a curved 11 inch clear presently I plan to try next year. I took off a black (dark tint) curved of about 9 inches. Do you think I will notice any difference?

For the last several years about the only aftermarket shield I have purchase has been the LRS's (long ride shields). I probably have 3 different ones right now and at least two of them are either 10" or 11" flat tops.

Actually this is a really good time to check their site because they are having a Christmas sale and you can scrore some nice ones for $45.00.

We run a 12" Freedom clear touring style windshield with a recurve at the top, the Misses really likes it because the wind doesn't beat her up.

I like the LRS shields. I have a 10" flat top recurve with light smoke tint for Summer, and the same in 12" clear for Winter.

I guess it's about time to change over to the Winter shield.

Have two different windshields that I use. I have a Freedom Shields (FS) 7 inch Medium Tint Wide Touring Air Recurve model, used during cool/warmer temps. Use a Long Ride Shields (LRS) 8 inch Ultra Recurve Medium Tint model for cold weather riding.

FS 7" MT Wide Touring Air Recurve

FS Wide 7 Inch Touring MGT Close Up.jpg

20180831_141257.jpg

LRS 8" MT Ultra Recurve

20180831_133618.jpg

The stock 10" is too low. I've always put the optional H-D 12" clear windshield on my TG's. Can't ride with a dark tinted shield. I want to see ALL OF THE ROAD SURFACE. I've always wondered how do you guys see the road at night????

I have used Freedom Shields on both my two-wheelers and trikes for quite a few years and would highly recommend them. The plastic they use is much thicker than most others I have seen and the recurve at the top allows you to get a shorter height and still not get buffeting from air flow over the top.

They have a new model out now that I think is incredible. The windshield is wider and sticks out over the fairing on the sides. I've found this really helps stop the air that normally flows around the windshield and it keeps more wind off your hands if you ride in cold weather. I don't work for Freedom Shields or anything like that. They are local to where I live and love their products.

Here's a picture that shows part of the windshield and how it is wider and goes over the fairing. If you consider how far that bottom piece sticks out, you can imagine how much more windshield area is in front of you, blocking the air.

windshield.jpg

Flat Top windshields for us

DSC00124.JPGDSC00268.JPGDSC00551.JPGDSC01021.JPGDSC00999.JPGMy bride loves the flat top designed windshields from Long Ride Shields. We have a half a dozen of others but for wind management for passenger the flat tops seem to do the best for us. Get what you want and be sure it works for you have a great Christmas shopping. :good: ride safe Fred

I have a couple of recurves. One for summer and another for winter. They both kick the air up higher, resulting in less buffeting. Both are LRS, both are clear. I've had smoked ones in the past, but did not like the reduced visibility when looking thru them at night.

Kevin

Taller is better for the passenger. If they have wider I would do that too.

I used LRS in the past and worked great. :D

And I get to break all the Christmas lights at the top of the threads.:sneakydevil:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png