The delemma continues.

520fd

550+ Posts
Aug 9, 2010
Davenport, Iowa USA
Took the trike out to get the 5000 mile service. every thing is fine. two day later, the Mrs. and I were just leaving the house on a day trip. I looked down at the screen to see a whole bunch of lights lit up. Turned around and dropped Mama off. Had the ABS light on. The engine trouble light on. Headed to the dealership. They hooked it up to their machine. Found a bunch of codes listed.

B2151 Left rear turn signal output open.

B2156 Right rear turn signal output open.

B2285 Rear Brake Configuration Error.

U0121 Lost Comm w/ABS

U0184 Loss Comm. w/ Radio.

U0121 Loss Comm. w/ ABS.

U2067 ABS EHCU Initialization Failed.

U2087 ABS EHCU Message Loss Fault.

U0121 LOSS COMM. W/ ABS.

U0184 Loss Comm. w/ Radio.

U0001 Can Bus Error.

About a week ago, before the 5000 mi. service, My wife's headset was having issues with one of here headphone speakers was having problems cutting out at times. I took the connections apart for the Tour pak and put a small amount of Dialectic grease in the connection. Put it back together. No problems. What I was wondering if when I took the connections apart, maybe I should have taken the 50 amp fuss out first??? What do you all think?

Jerry, step 1 in repairs has always been disconnect the battery

Do I always do this? The answer is no

I doubt what you did poses any major issue let alone all the codes you have

In fact I am surprised you do not have more

Reason being is any time I see a loss of communication there with the can bus I expect more issues

The U codes are the worry ones, looks like the ECM is not communicating with the BCM?

Jack, I think you are correct. Every time I did the tour pak relocator, I did remove the Fuss. But not this time. The Mrs. and I just took a ride for 180 miles today. Had no problem. Maybe all the Errors were all conected some where down the line. Leaving for Sturgis Saturday morning. So hope everything is back to normal.

Just got back from Sturgis. 3000 miles. Trike ran perfect. Had a great time as always. Only problem that I had was the intercom. The volume for the passenger went down to zero all by itself. Went through a rain strom on the way out, it worked great. When it got warm, 89* or so, it would lose the passenger volume again. When I say it would go down to zero, I mean I could hear my wife, but she couldn't hear me. Got an appointment for the dealer on Friday to figure out what's going on. Anyone have any issues like this? Jerry

When dinking around with sealed pin/ socket connectors, Amp,Tyco, Deutsch. I never use dielectric grease. Some will disagree but the whole point of sealed connectors is just that- sealed.

Just got back from Sturgis. 3000 miles. Trike ran perfect. Had a great time as always. Only problem that I had was the intercom. The volume for the passenger went down to zero all by itself. Went through a rain strom on the way out, it worked great. When it got warm, 89* or so, it would lose the passenger volume again. When I say it would go down to zero, I mean I could hear my wife, but she couldn't hear me. Got an appointment for the dealer on Friday to figure out what's going on. Anyone have any issues like this? Jerry

I don't know if the 18's and 19's have the issue, but earlier ones can ... check the radio fuse .. ensure it is in all the way ... that particular fuse tends to wiggle out some ... the can bus doesn't like that at all .. it is definitely worth the minute of two to check ... I'v personally seen 4 that have had this issue and heard of two others ... one thing that was common to all .. loss of intercom volume or intercom acting weird.

I got it back from the dealership today. They said they couldn't duplicate the problem I was having. The temp. here was cool, I don't think they got it hot enough. They did do a radio download though. They also said that if it does it again, to drive it to the dealership to show them what's going on. Not impressed with this dealer. Might have to find a new dealer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png