Honda Brake recall.

Jan 19, 2013
Port Charlotte fl/Hinsdale MA
I recently purchased a 2003 Honda gl1800 with a Roadsmith kit. It was triked in 2004. The mechanic at the trike dealers states that my bike has not had the brakes recall #SB23 done. I looked it up per vin # and sure enough it has not been done. He stated that it Must be done by a Honda dealer. I would not think Honda would touch it since it was triked. Is Honda still responsible for the faulty parts on the non-triked 1/2? seams to be a master cylinder problem.

I recently purchased a 2003 Honda gl1800 with a Roadsmith kit. It was triked in 2004. The mechanic at the trike dealers states that my bike has not had the brakes recall #SB23 done. I looked it up per vin # and sure enough it has not been done. He stated that it Must be done by a Honda dealer. I would not think Honda would touch it since it was triked. Is Honda still responsible for the faulty parts on the non-triked 1/2? seams to be a master cylinder problem.

Check with a local Honda dealer and a trike aftermarket installer in your area

I am under the impression if this is a DOT recall it must be done to keep yall in compliance, IMO it should be done for free, Good Luck

As i stated in the other thread about this… we had to haul our GL1800 trikes to a couple of different Honda dealers 150 miles away… no problem for them. The local dealer made it known he would prefer not to do it since they were not familiar with jacking up a trike… just an excuse? i don’t know but we weren’t about to let them mess with it if they really did not want to.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png