Battery tender cable

It would be good to know 4 sure what tender he is using, and agree he needs to answer if his bike starts, if I were a betting man my guess would be not

You are so correct. I just want through this - the tender on my trike was flashing red, the warranty on the unit is 10 years - and, I had the receipt. Contacted then and the said send it in.

Meanwhile, I connected my backup tender, and all worked well. Here is the response I got from them - this is why I asked the questions.

Good Afternoon Donald,

I have received the unit you sent in for warranty replacement. This unit has been exposed to extreme conditions which has caused the unit to fail. This is not covered under the manufactures warranty and cannot be replaced. I have included a picture of the damage. Please be advised, this unit is not rated for Weather Resistance or as Waterproof. It is for household use only.

Christine Dorfner

Warranty Support Services

Direct 386 873-4872

Deltran USA, LLC.

801 International Speedway Blvd

DeLand, FL. 32724

I have tried a couple different chargers. The trike starts and runs. I put a tender on the battery with clamps and it charges ok, just not with the tail.

I thank everyone for the info. I have Saturday off. I am going to the Harley shop and bug them.

Jack - I yield and think you may have been correct. Looks like he tried different chargers

Interesting to say the least, but I don't understand why the OP did not furnish more info in a timely fashion?

It is hard enuff diagnosing via keyboard without all the info

Agree 100%. Had he said upfront that he tried different chargers and/or that the charger worked on other bikes (etc) or event that the bike starts, I may have gone done a different route.

Still, thanks for all of your insight

I have seven Tenders plugged in all the time and have several fail over the years. Some while under warrenty and some not. The thing is even if out of warrenty they will replace for $20. Can't beat that.

I do check my Tenders with a volt meter every once in a while to make sure they are charging correctly.

I have seven Tenders plugged in all the time and have several fail over the years. Some while under warrenty and some not. The thing is even if out of warrenty they will replace for $20. Can't beat that.

I do check my Tenders with a volt meter every once in a while to make sure they are charging correctly.

Interesting - what they is - they will replace for $20. I posted what they told me about my tender - and based on the purchase date, it was under warranty. There was no offer to provide one for $20.

Frankly, I was a little disappointed so I did not buy a backup tender. If the one I have goes bad, I will probably by a different brand. Have always used Batter Tender in the past. Showed them my receipts for the 5 that I had - they didn't seem to care.

The last battery tenders a.k.a. smart chargers that I bought cost about 20$ apiece they were a close out from tractor supply and are a camouflage color and I guess that’s why they were a close out? But should one of them die I will just buy another one why bother to call the manufacture or mail the unit back .. The only time I had a charger go bad was when I dropped it off a shelf and it hit the concrete floor in my Garage I just dumped it in the trash….?

Be careful here.My '18 FLRT battery tender pigtail Does Not connect directly to the battery.Connector 281B the red lead connects to R/Be wire to the P&A Relay. Then on to connector 312A&B. The black lead connects to various other points in the main harness. The whole shebang terminates at the rear lighting of all places. If the battery tender is suspect shitcan it and buy a new one. Cheaper than a main/ branch harness.

Turns out the 20amp fuse PA was blown

Thank you for the info

The last battery tenders a.k.a. smart chargers that I bought cost about 20$ apiece they were a close out from tractor supply and are a camouflage color and I guess that’s why they were a close out? But should one of them die I will just buy another one why bother to call the manufacture or mail the unit back .. The only time I had a charger go bad was when I dropped it off a shelf and it hit the concrete floor in my Garage I just dumped it in the trash….?

Understand your point - however, they are currently $79.

If just $20, I would have done the same thing

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png