Added new fork extensions

My trike was sitting low in the front since I triked it back in 2015. Bike had 15,000 miles on it at the time. It has 30,000 on it now. It would drag when loading in toy hauler on the break over at the top of the ramp.So to help with more clearance i to the 2" extensions from Randy (Papa Zook).

I had 1" that came with the easy steer kit I got from randy. I also cut new tube spacers that are between the spring and the extensions. I cut these a 1-1/4" longer than what came out. WOW ,what a difference it made in the Trike. It sits level and it handles so much better, I never expected a change in the way it handles.It would push in the turns when cornering before.

Now it no longer does that,Its like its on rails. I am not sure if it's because the front wheel is slightly forward more than it was ,or the weight has shifted some .but WOW, much improved.It still rides nice as well.

Curious what your clearance is from the ground to the bottom of the lower front cowl?

Mine is 5".....It's lower at the belly pan.

Any pics of the spacers or the installation?

I'm thinking mine is a little lower in the front also....but it tracks and handles great!0812191555_HDR-picsay.jpg

Curious what your clearance is from the ground to the bottom of the lower front cowl?

Mine is 5".....It's lower at the belly pan.

Any pics of the spacers or the installation?

I'm thinking mine is a little lower in the front also....but it tracks and handles great!View attachment 75099

I cam measure it this evening. My trike was so low that my floor jack would not go under it. I had to run front wheel on a 2x6 so I could get jack under it.

Well I guess I don't know how to load a pic from my iPad. The bottom of the cal is 6-1/2" off the ground. One of the tubes spacer is 4-1/4" long x 1-1/2 OD and the other tube spacer is 7" x 1-1/2 OD. I did not take pics of the assembly. I cut tubes that are 1-1/4" longer than these stock lengths. I think my pics are to large to post and I can't seem to resize them.

Lengthening the forks does make a difference in handling. You will have to check those extensions regularly. If they get a little loose, they could damage the threads and often egg shape the top of the fork and cause leaks. I ended up replacing them with longer forks, after getting a lot of leaks.