Any Completed DNA Trike Kit Owners?

oldschool

5+ Posts
Apr 6, 2024
Central Cali
Hi all,

I'm been looking over trike kits and I'm leaning toward a DNA trike kit.

Now I have looked at the other trike kits and still currently am. I'm leaning toward the DNA kit because it's more of a hands on kit which the kind of stuff I enjoy working on.

Not ruling out any kits quite yet just trying to make the best choice that suites me, which is not always the easy way I go after.

So my questions are there any owners out there that have installed or in the process of installing one of these kits, do you regret it, how many years of ownership, etc..

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Ed,

Scroll down through this, the Harley Trike Conversions Forum, and you'll find quite a few helpful threads by DNA trike owners/builders. I have not personally built any DNA Trikes, but I am a long time dealer for their complete product line and have had a few customers order their trike rear axle and swing arm setup from me for their trike project. I would suggest you do your homework, research it well, as their kits are by no means a turn key, complete, all inclusive package.

Welcome Ed,

Scroll down through this, the Harley Trikes Forum and you'll find quite a few helpful threads by DNA trike owners/builders. I have not personally built any DNA Trikes, but I am a long time dealer for their complete product line and have had a few customers order their trike rear axle and swing arm setup from me for their trike project. I would suggest you do your homework, research it well, as their kits are by no means a turn key, complete, all inclusive package.

Hey thanks Zook I'll do that!

As far as the kit, yeah I'm looking at all options at the moment.

I'd let papa do the work for you, this way you know it's been done right the first time, without much down time...........

Ronnie

4/19/24

I'm at the beginning stage of owning a trike, so I haven't really decided which route that I am taking as of yet. I'm still able to ride 2 wheels however, my 2nd back surgery has proved challenging this time around.

Thanks for the tip on Papa Zook, there could be a possibility I could contact him at some point to source out an IRS kit if I go that route. I'm still looking in that aspect of it as well.

As far as the installation I'm more than capable to install one however, I know my limitations as well and would need to be comfortable installing one.

If I'm not comfortable then I'll look into the avenue to have one install. Therefore, it's good to know that Papa Zook is the man to see on a trike install.

Thx Ronnie!

Hi all,

I'm been looking over trike kits and I'm leaning toward a DNA trike kit.

Now I have looked at the other trike kits and still currently am. I'm leaning toward the DNA kit because it's more of a hands on kit which the kind of stuff I enjoy working on.

Not ruling out any kits quite yet just trying to make the best choice that suites me, which is not always the easy way I go after.

So my questions are there any owners out there that have installed or in the process of installing one of these kits, do you regret it, how many years of ownership, etc..

Thanks in advance!

I installed a DNA swingarm and axle on a '91 HD Hugger 8 years ago and it has been flawless. It's not a kit, you'll have to do some welding, wiring, brake system designing and other fabricating, but you can make it what you want.

I rescued the bike from a friends backyard where it had sat for 3 years and built this because I'd never driven or owned a trike.

Here's what I built and it's a blast to run around in.

PXL_20220807_144258466.MP (Large).jpg
PXL_20220807_144311202 (Large).jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png