Avoid buying a Lehman?

Tritek

10+ Posts
Jul 16, 2023
SA, TX, USA
I've been casually shopping for a trike for a while now, probably a Gold Wing trike. Should I avoid Lehman trikes? I hear they can be tough to get parts for.

What do Lehman owners think?

Thank you

Yes, With Lehman having folded a number of years ago parts are hard to find. That's why you'll find a Lehman trike selling for less than the ones being offered by the others. For your information also avoid Tri-wing and Tri-king conversions.

Thanks for the info. I found a nice Lehman but took a pass on it. Another bargain will come along eventually.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find a nice VW trike! Those are COOL.

I have a 2010 vn900 Lehman storm trike. I bought it knowing Lehman was gone, but it was sold to me at a good price so I went for it.

I have to look for parts (scour the internet a bit) but so far I have found what I need (knock on wood). the conversion itself is top notch, a very solid trike that rides smoothly down the road.

I would buy it again....

I've had my Lehman 5 years now, never had a problem and I don't envisage having one either,it is a very solid well built conversion with few moving parts to go wrong unlike some IRS ones.Here in the UK you can't go very far without meeting loads of bends/corners etc and it handles them with ease.I am coming up 76 years old and with easi-steer fitted never have any aching shoulders wrists etc..

cat'n'fiddle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png