Boom Shifting

The trike will be here Firday,and the dealer sent the title, manual, etc. to the wrong address. I apologize for this simple question.

The gearshift sticks out on the left side.

1. If the shift pattern is an H. Is first gear all the way down and to the front? Second would be down and to the back and third all the way forward and to the top, and fourth would be all the way back and up.

2, Or, is 1st gear down and back, and 2nd up and back, 3rd would be down and forward, and 4th up and forward.

I just don't know how the pattern is laid out when sitting on the trike

gear shift

The trike will be here Firday,and the dealer sent the title, manual, etc. to the wrong address. I apologize for this simple question.

The gearshift sticks out on the left side.

1. If the shift pattern is an H. Is first gear all the way down and to the front? Second would be down and to the back and third all the way forward and to the top, and fourth would be all the way back and up.

2, Or, is 1st gear down and back, and 2nd up and back, 3rd would be down and forward, and 4th up and forward.

I just don't know how the pattern is laid out when sitting on the trike

Doc,
It takes just a little getting used to. It is a standard VW 4spd shift pattern. 1st is down (toward the ground - not push down) and forward, 2nd straight back, 3rd forward, up and forward, 4th straight back. You'll probably miss a few as you're getting the hang of it (I did) but the gear box is pretty tough. (rev is push down and back and to the left). Have fun.... send a pic when you get it. Jim (ps: I'm the guy down in Oklahoma with the 09 Lowrider)

boom shifting

Doc,
It takes just a little getting used to. It is a standard VW 4spd shift pattern. 1st is down (toward the ground - not push down) and forward, 2nd straight back, 3rd forward, up and forward, 4th straight back. You'll probably miss a few as you're getting the hang of it (I did) but the gear box is pretty tough. (rev is push down and back and to the left). Have fun.... send a pic when you get it. Jim (ps: I'm the guy down in Oklahoma with the 09 Lowrider)

Thanks Jim... That is exactly the info I need. My Rewaco was on the tank and very easy, and my Roadhawk was an auto.

I make it occasionally to Ok. to work pro wrestling shows for WWE or TNA. My clinic is in Nevada, just north of Joplin, but I live and where the trike will be, in Osage Beach at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Why don't you jam up next week for Bike Fest, starts thurs through sunday, and is the biggest ralley in Mo. We had 50k plus last year and it's nearly doubling every year.

Again, thanks for the help.

Dr. g

Bike Fest

Thanks Jim... That is exactly the info I need. My Rewaco was on the tank and very easy, and my Roadhawk was an auto.

I make it occasionally to Ok. to work pro wrestling shows for WWE or TNA. My clinic is in Nevada, just north of Joplin, but I live and where the trike will be, in Osage Beach at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Why don't you jam up next week for Bike Fest, starts thurs through sunday, and is the biggest ralley in Mo. We had 50k plus last year and it's nearly doubling every year.

Again, thanks for the help.

Dr. g

I'd love to but I have a Dr. appt. on the 18th..... Have Fun!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png