Conversion parts

After the conversion, what happens to all the leftover parts from the bike, saddlebags, fender, etc. etc.?

You should be asked if you want them, when my Streetbob got wrecked even tho the insurance paid for it, the HD dealer doing the work asked me if I wanted the old parts back

Check with your installer

You can trailer both bikes down to the installer and when both are finished load one trike on the trailer and all the parts in the truck bed or you can box up the parts and ship them home. Both ideas are expensive.

I have a small cargo trailer that I occasionally pull. When I went to have my conversion done, the cargo trailer came with and pulled the used parts home with me. For some reason, I didn't grab the rear end but wished I had. That is probably the most sought after replacement part. But the saddlebags, rear wheel, etc... all came home with me. Some of the stuff I have either sold or given away.

But if you didn't add it on your list, add the trailer hitch that they sell. It's a odd size and you won't be able to use a regular sized hitch without some creative fabrication. It is fairly easy to remove when not needed. Even if you don't use it now, you may change later and it's better to have it than need to install it later.

And I highly recommend the passenger comfort ARB (anti roll bar) as an option. I did it on mine

It does make the ride a little more comfortable.

What bikes are getting triked ? Harley touring parts are worth money, Honda not so much, If there Harleys take the saddlebags off before you bring them in. the bags are what's worth the most.

They are 21 Goldwing Tour DCT’s. I’m not even sure if the saddlebags can come off. We are not planning to put the trailer hitch on. Have any of you tried successfully to sell the saddlebags, rear wheel, fender, and whatever else comes off?

They are 21 Goldwing Tour DCT’s. I’m not even sure if the saddlebags can come off. We are not planning to put the trailer hitch on. Have any of you tried successfully to sell the saddlebags, rear wheel, fender, and whatever else comes off?

I do swap meets 99% Harley parts , they sell good. There's so many Goldwing's that get triked the parts are hard to sell, if you have a good rear wheel with a almost new tire its worth a couple hundred dollars. Indian are the same the Bags & fender are hard to sell, Indian wheel & tires sell ok I sold my shock & brake parts. That what I find in are area.

After the conversion, what happens to all the leftover parts from the bike, saddlebags, fender, etc. etc.?

Welcome to Trike Talk - I know the Glenn Allen, VA area well.

When I triked my Halrey, I sold all of the parts. If I recall, I made about $4000 total. Triked my bike when it had less that 800 miles so, I was asking 60% of new cost. Rear tire, wheel, crash bars, lights and even the saddlebags and fenders - all of that stuff went fast. FYI, new Harley saddlebags with all of the fasteners cost over $2000.

Take off what you can before you take it to be triked.

I do swap meets 99% Harley parts , they sell good. There's so many Goldwing's that get triked the parts are hard to sell, if you have a good rear wheel with a almost new tire its worth a couple hundred dollars. Indian are the same the Bags & fender are hard to sell, Indian wheel & tires sell ok I sold my shock & brake parts. That what I find in are area.

I think you are correct. A friend of mine triked his 2006 Wing. Couldn't even give the parts away, except for back wheel and tire. Installer said he had an upstairs full of left over parts he couldnt' even get rid of. Few folks EVER who trike a bike go back to 2 wheels on the same bike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png