CSC Harley Daytona service & maintenance

DaveL

5+ Posts
Jan 12, 2024
Sandpoint, Idaho, USa
For you experienced owners...... I am curious as to any concerns you would have living 500 miles from nearest CSC dealer shop.

Do you have Harley shop do engine servicing?

What have you found needed for CSC unique parts like drive belt, rear end, electrical reverse, axle bearing or anything else I should be aware of or should consider?

Had any issue with standard battery after conversion? I plan to get electric reverse I think.

Any and all suggestions appreciated from you experienced folks on my plan to do a Daytona conversion to my '18 RGU?

Thanks in advance for any advise!

For you experienced owners...... I am curious as to any concerns you would have living 500 miles from nearest CSC dealer shop.

What have you found needed for CSC unique parts like drive belt, rear end, electrical reverse, axle bearing or anything else I should be aware of or should consider?

Had any issue with standard battery after conversion? I plan to get electric reverse I think.

Any and all suggestions appreciated from you experienced folks on my plan to do a Daytona conversion to my '18 RGU?

Dave - welcome. I must say - Do It and you will Love it.

I am on my second year of my CDC Daytona conversion. The kit has not required any work - and, it does have a 5-year warranty. While distance may be a concern, I believe the quality of the work makes the difference.

As far as any engine work, my local dealer does all of my work. So far, I have only needed the regular maintenance work (oil changes, etc.)

There was no additional burden on the battery - all has been fine. I got the reverse, and I will tell you, it is worth it. Male sure you get the rake. In my opinion, please also consider the running boards and bumper - it will indeed make a difference.

I got the trunk light. While it is nice, it really isn't needed. If I were doing it again, I would delete that.

Get back to me with any questions.

Don

kAY6FK9.jpg

T9tv5vn.jpg

Dave....Welcome To Trike-Talk..........:wave4::wave4:...

DIY Harley oil changes?

After closer review of all the manuals and tech support info on CSC site I understand the conversion pieces better now.

Looks like the gravel pan sites behind the oil/trany fluid drain bolts, so basic engine service really no change from stock bike - you agree?

Anyone do your won oil/trany fluids change care to share how/what do you use for lifting Daytona (with the Ground effect panels) for a DIY fluids change? Assuming my old trusty bike lift (1500#) wont work for trike conversions.

Seems maybe simple to just use 3 ramps like the Rhino ramps?

https://www.etrailer.com/Car-Ramps/...7660&msclkid=f70cae4ce6c8118b481ccbe0e458affc

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png