Cup holder.

Oldrodder

80+ Posts
Mar 26, 2018
Sudbury, on. Canada
Does anyone sell a cup holder for the K1200LT? I take meds that leave my mouth dry so, I carry cold water on my bike. The handle bar covers present a problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Ride safe!

Cup holder

I do remember something about a cup holder specific to the K1200LT but I'll have to poke around in an old forum thread and see if I can find it.

I do remember something about a cup holder specific to the K1200LT but I'll have to poke around in an old forum thread and see if I can find it.

Addendum: Found this on another BMW site (picture). It's a BMW KLT specific folding cup holder but I believe it's no longer available and was WAY over priced! All others involve cutting the handlebar covers. Perhaps you can adapt something from the unused mirror holes on either side of the bars! Or there was another person that added a plate to the top of the brake reservoir cover. It's very tough trying to find accessories specific to our LT's........Good luck!

Attachments

• LT cup holder.jpg
    LT cup holder.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
When I had my K1200LT, I had a tough time finding one, never mind one that I liked, ended up welding a plate to a rod and bolting it to the hand controls. Then I mounted the butler cup holder to that .. ugly but did work. This was a two wheeler that I only had for like a year.

More on cup holders.

ebiss9 suggested I try something in the unused mirror mount hole. I mocked something up but it put the cup in the way of the rear view mirror.

Here's what I came up with: 1/2" X 1/4" aluminum flat bar with the appropriate bends and Voila!! Had to get longer screws: 4mm X .7 X 20mm.

Cup holders

This cup holder thing has been fun! Back in the shop yesterday and came up with another version, still using aluminum flat bar. This one positions the cup higher, with the "load" bearing down on the mount instead of hanging off the mount.....resulting in less vibration/movement. While I was at it, I made a ball mount for my RAM "X" mount.

TV3rr5wl.jpg
1Uni7sIl.jpg
Rk6nfKkl.jpg
9y2nnZgl.jpg
kKzK2bIl.jpg

This cup holder thing has been fun! Back in the shop yesterday and came up with another version, still using aluminum flat bar. This one positions the cup higher, with the "load" bearing down on the mount instead of hanging off the mount.....resulting in less vibration/movement. While I was at it, I made a ball mount for my RAM "X" mount.

Don't make it too overly comfy! You may be tempted to put it on cruise and doze for a bit!.........:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmorri1
Back