Did I just get a new trike?

56Elwood

250+ Posts
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2010
Groveland Massachusetts USA
Just got my trike back from Rocket Moto in Nashau, New Hampshire after having a lot of work done on it. Some of it was general maintenance (tires, brakes) and some was to make things right that were done wrong by the builder. Typical Goldwing, had to have serious work done on the forks. They put in Race Tech gold valves, Race Tech springs (at the right rating for me and my passenger)new All Balls steering head bearings, seals, fork fluid, front pads, Avon Cobra Trike tire, wheel bearings and fixed a considerable amount of damage done to the frame neck and triple tree that was done at conversion. In the rear they replaced a leaking differential output seal, new rear disc pads, replace a leaking shock absorber and lubed all pivot points. I installed new rear Kumho Ecsta 4X tires in the rear a week prior. The trike steers so much better now. Lighter, more precise and now that the proper damping rates have been installed the front end feels like a different (much better) trike. One of the reasons I take my bikes here is that the work is done professionally and with great care. Adam is totally detail oriented I know that any work done is done right. He showed me pictures and videos he took of the triple clamp and frame damage, it looks like whoever installed the steering head bearings did so with the wrong tool and munged everything up. That has now been corrected and I feel like I have a brand new trike. Ultimate test of course is having the missus go for a ride and her first words were that it was like we were riding on brand new roads and the trike overall was so much smoother. One interesting thing to note, Adam repaired a friend of mine's Roadsmith and he found that the triple tree on that conversion was not made correctly either. (undersized stem causing the bearings to not fit correctly and had some slop).

Good to hear that there are still shops out there dedicated to providing some craftsmanship.

Wish I had one here I felt that confident about. Unfortunately the only dealer I do have some confidence in is a 140 miles away. Cowel MotorSports in Lake Placid Fl.

what # race tec's ?

What number springs ? I put in 1.1 I think , but top spaced them only 1/2 what they said. .70" instead of 1.4"

We have EZ triple tree 4.5 degree.2 riders= 320 lbs + cooler and clothes. The front fender to fairing space went from 3.5" to 4.5 "03 GL1800 Champion kit.

Happy DayIMG_2979.JPG

What number springs ? I put in 1.1 I think , but top spaced them only 1/2 what they said. .70" instead of 1.4"

We have EZ triple tree 4.5 degree.2 riders= 320 lbs + cooler and clothes. The front fender to fairing space went from 3.5" to 4.5 "03 GL1800 Champion kit.

Also 1.1's in mine. Adam asked me what my bodyweight was so he could identify the correct springs. I told him my weight and when he asked what my passenger's weight was my answer: Less than me

He nailed it:laugh:

I also love the work that Adam does at his shop, I've brought my bike in to him a couple of times and never been dissapointed...I didn't know that he handles trikes, that even better news now that I know

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png