Do you have CSC Road Glide - Daytona with Ground Effects?

DaveL

5+ Posts
Jan 12, 2024
Sandpoint, Idaho, USa
Would like to know if you find it scrapes on some speed bumps &/or ruts found on gravel roads and parking lots etc. I like the look without it but seems it would be more comfy on trips and bad weather days. And does not look that bad to me either. Love any comments from those with riding experience with. I'll be running 17" front & rear wheels if that matters. Thank you in advance! Great forum here.

Would like to know if you find it scrapes on some speed bumps &/or ruts found on gravel roads and parking lots etc. I like the look without it but seems it would be more comfy on trips and bad weather days. And does not look that bad to me either. Love any comments from those with riding experience with. I'll be running 17" front & rear wheels if that matters. Thank you in advance! Great forum here.

If what you mean by ground effects are the running boards - well, I have an Ultra CSC conversion with the running boards and the bumper.

I've not experienced any sort of scraping over speed bumps, ruts on gravel roads or parking lots. In fact, I actually love this option and glad I got it. It does help on bad weather days - keep the road rain off your feet and legs. I have not worn my rain boots since I got this trike.

You mentioned you are ruining 17" inches on the front and rear. Not sure which year you have. My 21 has an 18" front - I might suggest you simply stay with that.

If you are still in the process of the build, talk to us - we are all willing to share our experiences. Tell us the year of your bike - more things are always coming out to help. As an example, I now have the TPMS on the rear wheels. Just the other day, Harley came out with the hill hold sensor that may allow you to use the hold while the bike is in neutral.

kAY6FK9.jpg

Thanks Donald - appreciate any input

My bike is 2018 Road Glide Ultra, std. is 17" front & the 17" rear Enkel matches it well.

I am figuring out what Daytona options now. Thinking now the the running board/ground effect, Powertrack, perf. disc brakes, ARB, elec. reverse, park brake kit, Perf. gear sprocket, 650# shock, no lightbar, chrome wheel well & trunk dome light options.

Comments on if the shock pre load adjuster wise to add also? - my riding will be w/o trailers, mostly 2-up (est. total wt. 325# + luggage).

Anyone chime in on any reason to get dual caliper park brake kit versus single?

Thinking storage cover is just an interior dust cover or is it sturdy enough for outdoors at hotels etc.?

My bike is 2018 Road Glide Ultra, std. is 17" front & the 17" rear Enkel matches it well.

I am figuring out what Daytona options now. Thinking now the the running board/ground effect, Powertrack, perf. disc brakes, ARB, elec. reverse, park brake kit, Perf. gear sprocket, 650# shock, no lightbar, chrome wheel well & trunk dome light options.

Comments on if the shock pre load adjuster wise to add also? - my riding will be w/o trailers, mostly 2-up (est. total wt. 325# + luggage).

Anyone chime in on any reason to get dual caliper park brake kit versus single?

Thinking storage cover is just an interior dust cover or is it sturdy enough for outdoors at hotels etc.?

Got you. I like the things you are adding. Here are my suggestions.

1. Don't think you will need the parking brake - just put the trike in first gear.

2. You will not need the dome light - I got it and wish I didn't. It is directly wired and if you forget to turn it off, you will drain the battery (we did that once). Actually, never used it.

3. Get the bumper with the lightbar - I promise you, it will make a world of difference. Plus, looks really nice when riding.

4. Glad to see you are getting the rake kit - worth every penny.

T9tv5vn.jpg

I wish I had the one wheel E-Brake. The trunk light for the money I have I use it .The running boards I think hold in more heat. Performance gear is going to hurt the MPG. I like my light bar a lot more brake light & directional lights to see. My Thought

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png