Forged Empi disc brake brackets

Apr 30, 2015
pineville, la
aBought the Empi 22 2857 forged brackets for my brakes. Went to put them on and they won't fit. The back side of the bracket hits the arm that holds the axle. Not sure the exact name of it. I have looked and studied the situation and I don't see any way it will work without grinding a good bit off the bracket and I don't want to do that. Has anybody else had this kind of trouble. This is supposed to be the right part for the kit I have ( # 22-2861) Don't understand why it won't fit. I bought it from Mooreparts and have contacted them. I think if I have to grind anything I should be able to send them back. Anyone have this problem. Also has anyone had any trouble with the stamped bracket that comes with the kit. I may have to use it if this doesn't work. Thanks

Mine did not come directly from empi, but I think it is still the same China stuff anyway.

So mine fit any direction on my swing axle. The only problem I had with them is they were a bit thicker than the original backer plates. I had to machine on them to get the axle end play right.

Forged empi disc brackets

Mine would not fit either on top without grinding or machining them which I didn't want to do so I ended up mounting them on the back side of the axle which I didn't want to do because of the brake lines. I was able to use the brake line on the right side but had to make one up for the left side. After new mounting brackets and new pads mine seem to be working good. I know the rotors are perfect but it seems ok. I won't ever buy anything like this again. I read about the empi kit and there was more bad reviews than good. Hope I am good to go. I do like the stopping power.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png