frankenstein trikes

Nov 16, 2019
KELOWNA
Hi

I have some questions for owners of the Frankenstein trike kits on a Sportster

1. Are they quite dependable?

2. Do you have the raked triple tees or not? ( do you think they make a big difference)

3. If you don't have the raked trees does it wobble on take off?

4. Have you ever lifted a wheel with normal driving (say on highway curves at 5 mph over the limit)?

5. Have you ever heard of any one tipping over?

6. Do they have enough power 883 or 1200?

I am thinking of buying one so these are my concerns

I will be highway driving mostly

Thanks in advance any info will be appreciated good or bad

Rae

some of these are not brand specific

this my experience

2. Do you have the raked triple tees or not? ( do you think they make a big difference)

they will make a huge difference with ease in handling... steer very hard with out them

i recommend put them on when the rear is added

mostly round 30 mph and sometimes when slowing down.... if you get on milled pavement you will ant to swerve back and forth

rae you might have to give it some time. Not everyone gets on the site everyday. I know we have some frank owners just give them time.

I guess no one has a Frankenstein trike but thanks anyway
I never even heard of them until this thread that I recall, but you asked about tipping over in a curve at 5 over the limit. On our Lehman and a buddy's Champion that I have tried slowly increasing speed in a curve, I found the front tire starts slipping first. I still know not of a Frankenstein trike though.

You might try using the search function here on TrikeTalk. It is located at the upper right hand area of this screen. I just typed in Frankenstein Trike and came up with several older threads. Perhaps you can get some info you need out of those threads.

Hello and :welcome: to Trike Talk. :wave4:

Years ago I converted an 883 with a Frankenstein conversion and I do suggest a rake kit. They are a very well made kit, easy to assemble and do the job well. I'm retired from the trike business and have installed these units onto Sportsters and the owners have been very pleased. I've never attempted tipping a trike over.

Hi

I have some questions for owners of the Frankenstein trike kits on a Sportster

1. Are they quite dependable?

4. Have you ever lifted a wheel with normal driving (say on highway curves at 5 mph over the limit)?

5. Have you ever heard of any one tipping over?

6. Do they have enough power 883 or 1200?

I am thinking of buying one so these are my concerns

I will be highway driving mostly

Thanks in advance any info will be appreciated good or bad

Rae

28k miles,not one problem. Get the raked trees,it makes a big difference. I rode a bit w/out as a comparison. You will get head shake on takeoff on bumpy ground,it's nothing major. I have never lifted a wheel or come close. As for tipping over,never have come close. I have an 08 1200,enough power for me. My only complaint is I want to install the stock exhaust. I have the Quiet baffles and a second set I made.

28k miles,not one problem. Get the raked trees,it makes a big difference. I rode a bit w/out as a comparison. You will get head shake on takeoff on bumpy ground,it's nothing major. I have never lifted a wheel or come close. As for tipping over,never have come close. I have an 08 1200,enough power for me. My only complaint is I want to install the stock exhaust. I have the Quiet baffles and a second set I made.

Thank You for your reply, I only had one other one so again thanks,

I ordered the kit for my 2015 883 with 1200 conversion kit. I wired the money to them in the morning, by that evening I received an Email saying they had got the wire and were shipping the kit out. Two days later the kit arrived in Osoyoos Washington. I came down from Kelowna BC and picked it up, paid the taxes and brought it home.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png