Front Fender Accent Tip / Rail

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
Just ordered the Chrome Cobra Trunk Guard / Bumper for my 17 FW ... Should be a great "ending" to the rear of the Trike. Would like to do something to the "tip" of the Front Fender giving the great "starting" to the front of the Trike. Any Front Fender Accent Tip or Rail experience? Any input is always appreciated. Thanks

Something like these?

Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 12.55.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-07 at 12.57.45 PM.png

Nothing specific from HD, you may find something from aftermarket

HD offers this

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/...i9tdjIKME-7oykGH-M4aAms4EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

91195-04_TT.jpg

This has been in my wish list at Harley for a while. I think it would look pretty good on the front fender, but at almost $50 I'm on the fence.

What’s 50 bucks you stick it on it lasts for years and fifty thousand miles + …Fill up at the gas station maybe 3 times with 89 octane and there’s 50 bucks and that will only last for about 550 miles ….(disclaimer your miles, and dollar figures may vary.)…

Noodles, who makes the one you showed? Does it not fit? Big Bike Parts used to make something like that. I thought Drag did too. Check out Value Accessories in their Harley section. They may have what you want.

Jeff, I had one that looked like the first picture, on my Fatboy. I believe it was from Kuryakyn. It held up well for years. It will somewhat protect that leading edge or even hide a minor chip (after a little touch-up). Of course, I don’t know how it will fit on other models, but it fit well and looked great on mine.

Noodles, who makes the one you showed? Does it not fit? Big Bike Parts used to make something like that. I thought Drag did too. Check out Value Accessories in their Harley section. They may have what you want.

The 1st pic (Fender Tip) is Kuryakyn. I'm gonna give them a call and see if a person is familiar with the fit.

What’s 50 bucks you stick it on it lasts for years and fifty thousand miles + …Fill up at the gas station maybe 3 times with 89 octane and there’s 50 bucks and that will only last for about 550 miles ….(disclaimer your miles, and dollar figures may vary.)…

You convinced me. Went ahead and ordered it along with a drive belt tensioner tool. I put it on a credit card so it doesn't cost me anything. (Tauri)

91195-04_TT.jpg

Thanks. Small piece of blue painters tape on the trim bottom. Kept it from sliding off while I got it where I wanted it. A piece of tape front and back with a mark on them. Guess it worked.

Hey JT … Front Fender Spear came today. Got the concept for the install. Could you let me know, whenever you have a chance, how far back from the front fender edge does the spear start? Was it a “flat” dry fit? I have a small gap which I’m guessing will settle down after adhesive. Thanks so much

Hey JT … Front Fender Spear came today. Got the concept for the install. Could you let me know, whenever you have a chance, how far back from the front fender edge does the spear start? Was it a “flat” dry fit? I have a small gap which I’m guessing will settle down after adhesive. Thanks so much

It's 2 1/2" from the front. The contour was very close. I did an ever so slight bend to make it better. It bends really easy if you need too.

The 1st pic (Fender Tip) is Kuryakyn. I'm gonna give them a call and see if a person is familiar with the fit.

As I stated earlier, I had this style tip on my Fatboy and really liked it. Since we refer to the Freewheeler fender as Fatboy style, I had to try it. It turns out that the contour is slightly different between the two. So close, but I had to return it.

As I stated earlier, I had this style tip on my Fatboy and really liked it. Since we refer to the Freewheeler fender as Fatboy style, I had to try it. It turns out that the contour is slightly different between the two. So close, but I had to return it.

I have been looking for front fender trim, I have not found anything yet that even comes close so I used some of the chrome I had left over from my other projects

asset.php

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back