Fullsac Performance Recore kit

Jun 29, 2020
New Bedford, MA
I've been reading all I can about mufflers. And I'm thinking about the Fullsac Performance recore kit. Will I still hear the radio?

P.S. I'm thinking 2.25

I've been reading all I can about mufflers. And I'm thinking about the Fullsac Performance recore kit. Will I still hear the radio?

P.S. I'm thinking 2.25

All the noise is behind you , So the guy behind might not hear his, But you can/should be able to hear yours...My last two Tri-Glides had automatic volume control on the radio...And the more outside noise...The higher the radio volume went up....

Do you know witch will make less noise, 2in, 2.25in, or are they all the same?

The larger you go will make it slightly louder and deeper. I run the 2.25, and they are not nearly as loud as a number of other bikes I hear. And yes, I still hear the radio, no problem.

Al, one of the things you may find out when you are doing the installation is that you may find the core really difficult or impossible to slide into the muffler shell. Here is my email conversation with Steve at Fullsac:

Steve,

I finally just got on the bike, and went for a ride to check it out. I was very impressed with both the sound and the performance, and as the pictures show, the looks. The installation was a bit more work than I originally anticipated, as I had to work the inside of both mufflers with a file and grinding wheel to remove the bulges on the inside of them from the hanger bracket welds, but once that was done, everything finally went together. You might want to mention that in the instructions, as I can’t believe that mine is the only one with this issue. Other than that, the final result made it all worth it.

Hi Mark

The burn through from the hanger welds varies greatly from muffler to muffler. Sounds like you had a little more than usual. If you're running a stock cat headpipe, you have plenty of back pressure in front of your mufflers, and not the good kind. When the day comes and you decide to run an open headpipe, then baffle diameter will have a great effect on low end power as it changes air speed at the exit end. When you run larger than optimum baffles, air speed and velocity is low at the exit end and low end power suffers. Adding a silly restriction at the exit end of a poorly sized exhaust will not increase the air speed. If only it could be that simple, lol...

Ride safe!

Steve

In any case, it may not be a simple slide-in and done, but the end result was totally worth it!

I’m running cvo muffs with 2” Fullsac cores, screens, packing and a decatted pipe. Noise is subjective as others mentioned, but also is how and where you ride. I’m in middle TN so I ride the backroads, 2 lane hyways and twisties mostly. That’s where the difference is magnified. At 50/55 fine, slow it down to 40/45 in twisties on hills etc and it does get loud. The 2.25 baffles might provide a deeper tone, again it is subjective. Plus getting older tends to make you a bit more sensitive to noise, lmao.

The 2” Fullsac cores haven't come yet but I just cut the muffler ends and they were the same, maybe 5-6" lone but only one of the mufflers had a screen and packing. Can anyone tell me why only one of them has no screen and packing? I didn't order any screen and packing because I was going to use the ones that were there. I'm not sure what to do now.

The 2” Fullsac cores haven't come yet but I just cut the muffler ends and they were the same, maybe 5-6" lone but only one of the mufflers had a screen and packing. Can anyone tell me why only one of them has no screen and packing? I didn't order any screen and packing because I was going to use the ones that were there. I'm not sure what to do now.

Stock Tri glide from the factory have extra baffling on the left side as looking at it from the rear at least my 2011 and my 2017 and my 2019 were that way..

Each side had the same small baffle (maybe 5-6in long), only difference way one had packing with no screen. I'll be trying them with no packing.

OK, yes I mean OK. Have the 2in baffles installed and they are a little louder and a lot deeper,:clapping: I'm supper happy with them.:clapping:

Thank You All for the advise.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png