Gas mileage on a stock M8 harley triglide

Thanks for all the replies, guess I will just deal with it, sounds like I'm pretty average mpg, the last tank was 37 and very happy with that. I always fill it the same each time or least try to. I'm around 2 miles to a highway and that is all I drive is highway, bypass or interstate, I try not to do city driving because of pot holes etc etc.

All for now Trampas

I ride a 2022 freewheeler 114 motor I average around 35 mpg. My wife’s trike is a Yamaha and she is about the same. Only difference is my tank is 6 gallons compared to her 4.7

So I would say your getting the expected mileage.

Depending on how I ride and the conditions, as low as 30 mpg (75 mph, loaded, some headwind) and as high as 44 mpg (staying out of the throttle and below 60 mph).

Video on the subject that we just published-

Kevin

Several years ago, heading south on Interstate, into a strong headwind...26 MPG. Took me by surprise and had to refuel before I had planned. Found out that day that the barn door we are pushing through the wind is really affected by a headwind! On the way home, with a tail wind, mpg was upper 30's! Again Interstate (72-75 MPH) This was on a 2016 103 TC....(I know it's not the motor the OP asked about...just anecdotal information).

Now, on a '21 M8, best mileage was 48 mpg riding between 50 and 62 on 2 lane roads up in the Black Hills of SD. Worst mileage was 30 mpg on a combination of 2 lane and Interstate with again, a head wind.

So, a SE stage 2 upgrade on average costs between $900-1500.00 according to Google. And based off of earlier threads a M-8 stock bike got 34 MPG and after a stage 2 upgrade got 36 MPG. Thats 12-mile increase on a 6-gallon tank (math for Marines). So, is the cash really worth 12 miles? Think not.......unless you just ran out of gas in the middle of the desert and the closest gas station is 12 miles down the rode.

So, a SE stage 2 upgrade on average costs between $900-1500.00 according to Google. And based off of earlier threads a M-8 stock bike got 34 MPG and after a stage 2 upgrade got 36 MPG. Thats 12-mile increase on a 6-gallon tank (math for Marines). So, is the cash really worth 12 miles? Think not.......unless you just ran out of gas in the middle of the desert and the closest gas station is 12 miles down the rode.

With a good stage 2 cam you may get a wee bit better mpg, but you ( picking the right cam) will be adding more pulling power

Since we teed up the hornet's nest, let me take a swing at it.

I don't think anyone does a stage upgrade for the MPG. We do it for the performance. I was ready for a drop in overall mpg, but it all depends on how I ride. I typically ride at elevations of 5,000 ft or more. I love the exxxxtra power (torque) I get from my stage 2. For pulling up hills or for passing SMVs it cant be beat.

However, If i'm on a freeway and runnning at 5k or more (80mph), then there might be a drop in mileage.

Regardless of how I ride, I always stop and fill up before I'm on E.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png