Goodyear Comfortreds VS Dunlop Signature rear tires

May 6, 2017
richardson tx
This test was on my 2017 Harley Freewheeler

I replaced my stock rear Dunlop Signature tires with Goodyear Confortred and I took a 200 mile ride this weekend over some very familiar roads to see if there was any difference between the two. I tried to be as objective as I could and my conclusion was that the comfortreds offered a noticeably smoother ride over the stock Dunlop Signature tires that come on Harley trikes.

The new tires smoothed out the rough areas to the point that they no longer felt like I was riding on a washboard, and after an hour or so into the ride I actually found myself thinking much less about the condition of the road under my wheels and more about just riding. yah, I know all the safety stuff about reading the road... I’m just saying the comfortreds really made a difference. They smooth out all the small divots, expansion joints, overfilled potholes, etc, just like the shocks do for larger holes, railroad tracks, etc.

Maybe the best way to sum it up is if I had known the difference these tires would make in ride quality I would of replaced my brand new Dunlop's with these before my Freewheeler ever left the showroom floor. IE... .005 cents per mile for a smoother ride = well worth the cost, and if you’re replacing used tires with these then it’s really a no brainer!

The bad news is they are getting hard to find for 15 inch wheels. Check out Simpletires.com

DUNLOP-GOODYEARtx.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png