Ground wiring

Chuck I doubt if anyone but maybe Richard can answer that question. No wiring diagram specific to the Stallion has ever been released. We have always been referred to the 2007 Ford Ranger diagram. I'm sure there are several all along the frame.

If you are in doubt about a ground and cannot find the info you need You can check your bike for grounds with an ohm meter or quicker yet a test light

I found best if in doubt add more grounds

Connecting a test light to the positive on your battery

Any metal surface you touch with the pointed end of test light will light up if the system has a good ground

I hope this helps

One more thing, a good clean ground at the battery negative cable end is a BIG PLUS

i282wm.jpg
use these type of washers for your body and frame grounds, clean the contact surfaces good before grounding with new hardware

Thank You

Richard said the only grounds were by fuse box frame, and ground wire by pcm .

Dragon

that's what he emailed me, I asked about the ground for the valve body, he didn't answer back on that question. isn't the battery ground on the frame by the fuse box? so please if you know of more grounds post where. that was my original question

Thank You Dragon

The battery is the main ground

That said, more grounds are better

Ford used to ground the exhaust pipes

Their idea more is better

They were right

Voltage has a way of running thru bearings causing etching and premature failure

IMO I would ground every component to be sure ( IE anything electrical could have a ground wire run to the frame) OR better still if all possible return ALL grounds to the Negative post of the battery JMO

GW-15-Md.jpg
You could use this for a ground strop of your battery for more connections

Thanks guys

I am going to add a ground, I'm having problems with my air system and it just dumps the air and stays at zero so thought it was ground somewhere

thanks

Dragon

Thanks guys

I am going to add a ground, I'm having problems with my air system and it just dumps the air and stays at zero so thought it was ground somewhere

thanks

Dragon

Bad or no grounds cause all kinds of problems

Once you get them repaired, keep them clean and tight to keep your grounds secure

An extra ground strap from the battery to the frame can be a BIG plus

The heavier the ground strap the better;)

Thanks guys

thanks

Dragon

I had problems with the air bag system and I reversed the wires on the switch and it corrected my problem. Why ? But it worked for me. If that hadn't worked, I was going to switch the wires with the pedal controls to see if it was the switch. Those are easy trouble shooting ideas. Good luck.

Tomg

I had problems with the air bag system and I reversed the wires on the switch and it corrected my problem. Why ? But it worked for me. If that hadn't worked, I was going to switch the wires with the pedal controls to see if it was the switch. Those are easy trouble shooting ideas. Good luck.

Tomg

Tom, before you reversed your wires was the pump not delivering air but bleeding it out instead? I wonder if reversing the polarity acts like a dump valve?

No, actually I couldn't get it to add pressure but it would release so I switched the wires and now it works. Don't know why but it works! If you call me , there are a couple of things I can explain to you about the Air system to test it. I'm not good about getting photos on the site but I can text it to you from my cellphone to show you what to look for.

321 268 5889 is my home number.

Tom

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png