Hacktivists breach U.S. nuclear research lab

You know that they always---(Who ever they are)---- Say.....No matter how good of a lock you can make someone will always make a better lock pick....

At least there is a way to keep someone from stealing your SSN. And without that they can't do much.

Locate the phone number for any of the three credit reporting agencies and they can walk you through "freezing" your SSN so no one, but you, can unfreeze it. After you freeze your SSN that reporting agency will send you a pin so you can unlock your SSN if you want to finance something (house, car purchase, etc.) Our numbers have been frozen for about the last 10 years.

Grandson is freaking about this and I don't blame him, just getting started on a career and this happens. So far he's managed to close his bank accounts and re-open them with different numbers and freeze his credit. He has a couple of automatic payments coming up the 1st of the month and is trying to get the companies the new info, been on the phone and computer for 2 days now.

What's really sad is that the National Cyber-Security folks are on the same campus in a different building, lol.

You'd think a place as sensitive as the U.S. nuclear research lab would have iron clad security. But then, look at whose administration this is. Is it my imagination, or is bIDEN trying to give the entire nation away?

You'd think a place as sensitive as the U.S. nuclear research lab would have iron clad security. But then, look at whose administration this is. Is it my imagination, or is bIDEN trying to give the entire nation away?

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again you can invent the best pic proof lock and somebody will invent the way to pick it. The only safeguard is to try to stay one step ahead…. but you can’t stay ahead of something that you don’t know what it’s gonna be..

In today's environment, our entire information is on-line somewhere. I think all we can do is use the protections that suit us best. Then be diligent about checking our sensitive information, like credit reports, bank accounts, retirement accounts, etc. (I check credit monthly and financials daily). Then be prepared to quickly take action when something is compromised.

I had a hacker try to divert my SS check and another hacker attempted to access my bank and CC accounts. It was a pain in the rear, but I did not suffer any monetary losses because appropriate actions were quickly taken.

Unfortunately, the world is filled with people wanting to separate us from our money, and they's not all at Disneyland or Las Vegas. It's not IF but WHEN some bad guy tries to scam you. We just have to deal with it.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png