headlight not workig

Jul 26, 2013
ocala fl
hi all, I hope someone can help me out. I have a 1996 goldwing trike the high and low beams on my headlight just stopped working for no reason. They don't come on but if i put it in reverse they work both fine high and low. I have checked the relays which check out fine. Any suggestions as to what this could be or what could have caused it. Thank you in advance for any help. Rubbenj

Howdy... Looks to me like a blown fuse, bad connection, or bad contacts in your starter switch. Yes, the lights do go through that switch so when you start the bike the lights are disabled to reduce stress on the battery... Send me you email address to goldrush06@suddenlink.net and I'll send you a couple pages out of the 1994 service manual that should make trouble shooting a lot easier. :xszpv::xszpv:

+1 on the fuse ... once rode 20 miles at 11pm to get to a gas station with just clearance lights on my gl 1500 ... it was the fuse. I was in the middle of nowhere and it was way to dark to check fuses ... and of course ... no flash light ... now one is a permanent part of my carry stuff.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png