Is anyone triking Pacific Coasts or Silver Wings these days?

Hello. I hope that you are well and enjoying life in general.

I'm a real rebel, man...I'm too old and awkward for two wheels any more but I really really don't like those big huge fancy things that everyone else likes. I'd love a triked Suzuki GS850G but I don't suppose that's very likely...

Really any bike that is not humungous would be a candidate, but the Pacific Coast would be the coolest....

Hello. I hope that you are well and enjoying life in general.

I'm a real rebel, man...I'm too old and awkward for two wheels any more but I really really don't like those big huge fancy things that everyone else likes. I'd love a triked Suzuki GS850G but I don't suppose that's very likely...

Really any bike that is not humungous would be a candidate, but the Pacific Coast would be the coolest....

Alan.......Welcome To Trike-Talk.......:wave4:..

Hello & :welcome: to Trike Talk, glad to have U with Us. :clapping:

I know of one company that could convert a Pacific Coast to a trike and that would be Torbleau Trikes in Wisconsin. You have to contact them at 1 608 873 0200. The Pacific Coast would look like a 'Baby' Goldwing trike and would be unique.:good:

If you are speaking of a GL500 or 650 Silver Wing Interstate... good luck finding one. I rode the 500 for 9 years. Tried one time pulling a very lightweight, with almost no cargo in it, trailer... the little Silver Wing struggled. Never did that again. I would have my doubts that it would handle the weight of any type trike kit. I rode it a long time but I would never buy that bike again for any reason.

If you are speaking of the more recent Silverwing SCOOTER.. I have no idea how that would even work out...maybe not too well.

The 800cc Pacific Coast was a snazzy-looking ride for its time. I see one for sale on CycleTrader or Ebay occasionally. I have never seen that bike triked. I wanted one when they came out but went to a Kawasaki Voyager 1200 instead... glad I did... LOVED that bike... should NEVER have let it go...

I also had a Suzuki Boulevard 800. It was a decent bike but let it go after a year and bought a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700... a heavy-duty bike... it would have made a great trike.

I would suggest to you that the "bigger" the bike the better it will perform underneath that trike kit. Not only do you have the weight of the trike kit but the wind drag of the rear wide, fat fenders. Triking a 2-wheeler makes that "big" bike seem not so big as the 3rd wheel takes away the possibility of falling over with it and not being able to pick it up. So nice not to have to worry about slow turns and gravelled areas and quick-stops.

If you are talking about the physical size of a smaller vehicle vs. a larger vehicle - the trike kit itself is WIDE and also adds to length of space the vehicle takes up... kits vary as to their actual size but they are all going to take up more space than that compact 2-wheeler.

Good luck with your decision and keep us informed.

Never put anything passed the people in England as they turn one into a trike and while it may not be up to our standards it works for them.

Attachments

• 20170907_162223.jpg
    20170907_162223.jpg
    1,021 KB · Views: 44
  • 20170907_162456fea-358155648.jpeg
    20170907_162456fea-358155648.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 156

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png