Kuryakyn Armrests

I dont know if anyone else had a problem with the ajustment on the Kuryakyn armrests not staying tight. I have this problem and it turns out the stud in the armrest is pulling out . I have been checking out other armrest but saw nothing I really cared for. I decided to contact Kuryakyn to see if you can buy just the arm, and it turns out they sell both arms with new nuts and chrome caps for $99. You then unscew the pad from the old ones and install them on the new arms. Just thought I would pass this info on.

poppajim

I have the same problem. Plus the chrome is shot on both pads. Doesn't seem pot metal likes being chromed. I also have it where the right side goes way to close to the trunk. The stop doesn't seem to work no matter how much I tighten it up. Since I don't have a rear passenger my solution was to remove them. $300 for a new set is too much for me to replace them for looks sake only.

It is good to know that spare parts are available for the Kury armrests. a lot of companies would just say replace the whole thing. At full price of course.

We're in the same ballpark as JaysGone - Gloria didn't really use the armrests, and said most of the time they were in the way. Their main function was to hold the armrest pouch for her stuff on one side, and the cup holder on the other side. Didn't need the pouch after we got the Diamond seat as there is a pouch on the back of the rider's backrest, and we use RAM mounts on the grab handle when she wants to take the water bottle along.

IMG_0867 - Copy.JPG

It is good to know that spare parts are available for the Kury armrests. a lot of companies would just say replace the whole thing. At full price of course.

We're in the same ballpark as JaysGone - Gloria didn't really use the armrests, and said most of the time they were in the way. Their main function was to hold the armrest pouch for her stuff on one side, and the cup holder on the other side. Didn't need the pouch after we got the Diamond seat as there is a pouch on the back of the rider's backrest, and we use RAM mounts on the grab handle when she wants to take the water bottle along.

View attachment 53274

Who makes that Ram Mount cup holder? That looks like something my wife may be interested in.

Who makes that Ram Mount cup holder? That looks like something my wife may be interested in.

IMG_0867 - Copy.JPGI made them to fit the 24 oz double wall stainless steel Bubba Hero Sport Bottle. The clamp, arm and ball on the holder are RAM, the round part of the holder is cut from a 4" pvc wye pipe, the pink straps are from a dog leash from WallyWorld and the buckles are from the camping section of that store.

The thin band is also from a small dog leash and is just decoration to go along with Gloria's bottle.

Mine is all black, the straps are camping straps from the sporting goods area at Walmart, cheaper than the leash. They also fit our 20 oz Bubba Hero Bottles, and 20 oz Contigo insulated bottle with the flip up spout.

IMG_0861 - Copy.JPG

View attachment 53831I made them to fit the 24 oz double wall stainless steel Bubba Hero Sport Bottle. The clamp, arm and ball on the holder are RAM, the round part of the holder is cut from a 4" pvc wye pipe, the pink straps are from a dog leash from WallyWorld and the buckles are from the camping section of that store.

The thin band is also from a small dog leash and is just decoration to go along with Gloria's bottle.

Mine is all black, the straps are camping straps from the sporting goods area at Walmart, cheaper than the leash. They also fit our 20 oz Bubba Hero Bottles, and 20 oz Contigo insulated bottle with the flip up spout.

View attachment 53833

nicely done

When his show was big, he made a comment about real bikers not having things like cup holders on their bike. He had his 15 minutes of fame.

Back