Looks like I need to buy a VW transmission....

I guess it depends on the kind of riding a person does. If you're riding on the freeway at 60-65 MPH all day then the bus trans will be making the engine turn higher RPMs which theoretically will wear the engine out quicker, it would probably tend to run hotter, at least that has been my experience. Of course the rear tire diameter makes a difference also, bigger tires lower RPMs. I have a bus and a bug, both have tachs and if I remember correctly the bus is turning 200 or 300 more RPMs at 60 MPH. The trike has a bug trans and the engine doesn't have to work hard at all because the trike is so light and that's with 30" diameter tires. But if you like stop light racing the bus trans will accelerate quicker.:laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeeMan
Back