needing input

May 11, 2022
DEXTER
I have been riding for over 50 years .I currenly own a 02 dyna glid and an 08 road king flhrc .Th wife was not feeling comfy on the back of the dyna so I converted the roadking to a trike using a DNA Conversion kit ..Bike looks great however on the first test run the left tire fell off and I know for 100% certainty that it was impacted on and turning is rough as rough can get. My questions are is there a way to make it ride and especially turn smoother and do I need some sort of special bolts for the wheel to stay on ? Its an aluminum wheel bolted onto the hub ... Thanks

Rick, Welcome to Trike Talk and your first post

I always use a torque stick with my air wrench to tighten my wheels followed up with a torque wrench set @ 100 ft lbs. and I recheck lugs on a weekly basis. This works for me.

As far as rough turning, your steering head bearings may need adjusting, plus a steering damper may also help

I have been riding for over 50 years .I currenly own a 02 dyna glid and an 08 road king flhrc .Th wife was not feeling comfy on the back of the dyna so I converted the roadking to a trike using a DNA Conversion kit ..Bike looks great however on the first test run the left tire fell off and I know for 100% certainty that it was impacted on and turning is rough as rough can get. My questions are is there a way to make it ride and especially turn smoother and do I need some sort of special bolts for the wheel to stay on ? Its an aluminum wheel bolted onto the hub ... Thanks

Rick…. Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍..

:wave4:Welcome to Trike Talk Rick!!! I second what Jack said plus if you didn't already do it add a rake kit.

Steering can be helped by a rake kit, generally. As for the tire falling off, I am using red locktite on the studs I installed, instead of their recommended lug bolts. Standard torque on the lug nuts. Didn't go with the recommended set up on that for precisely that reason. Mine's not running yet, so I can't give you any info on how that's going to work for me, of course, and your safety is is at your own discretion.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png