new mexico 2023 motorcycle rallies canceled

El Lobo

30+ Posts
Hello Gents

So it seems like all of the 2023 motorcycle rallies in New Mexico have been canceled, due to the Bandidos incident at the NM RED RIVER rally over the 2023 Memorial weekend. Just wanted your thoughts on this situation Thank you all for your input.

EL Lobo

It's a shame that the good people always have to suffer because of some jerks. If someone has an issue with another, take your problem somewhere else and fight it out leave the rest of the people out of it. There should also be posted "No colors allowed" at motorcycle rallies and if someone is caught with them they need to be arrested.

What you want any of us to do about it?

Hello Gents,

So it seems like all of the 2023 motorcycle rallies in New Mexico have been canceled, due to the Bandidos incident at the NM RED RIVER rally over the 2023 Memorial weekend. Just wanted your thoughts on this situation Thank you all for your input.

EL Lobo

The rallies are put on by private organizations..for the most part. They want to cancel so what? The best times I've ever had were joining up with some friends and and without any pre planning ended up on a run. Make your own fun.

People cannot be arrested for wearing colors.

Didn`t you learn that in Civics class in grade school?

It is called the First Amendment.

My thoughts precisely…But it could have been stated a little more diplomatically….. but then there are times where I am not the very best at diplomacy..😉-😉..

But a shop owner can post a sign in the window of their establishment with that wording to protect the patrons. Lets have a look into this a sign posted in a store window that say "No Guns" and being a gun free zone they get held up at gun point.

I'm just tired of watching the good people having more taken away from them and jerks doing what they want and get away with it. One day we'll all wake up and everything we enjoy will be gone and please remember the jackasses that made it possible for all that enjoyment to go away.

I understand the 1st Amendment and it doesn't give me the right to yell "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theater.

But a shop owner can post a sign in the window of their establishment with that wording to protect the patrons.

Yes, that is how the First Amendment works, it prevents the GOVERNMENT from restricting your speech, it does not have anything to do with the private sector, and that is why you can`t arrest someone for wearing colors...

Your employer can fire you for wearing inappropriate attire to work if he wants to...Unless you work for the government, of course :).

But even then, there are certain guidelines.

It's a shame that the good people always have to suffer because of some jerks. If someone has an issue with another, take your problem somewhere else and fight it out leave the rest of the people out of it. There should also be posted "No colors allowed" at motorcycle rallies and if someone is caught with them they need to be arrested.

But a shop owner can post a sign in the window of their establishment with that wording to protect the patrons. Lets have a look into this a sign posted in a store window that say "No Guns" and being a gun free zone they get held up at gun point.

I watched many videos from Sturgis and saw several places with signs stating "No Colors Allowed". As a private business, they have that right the same as businesses that post "No Guns". I can only speak for Tennessee and here, if you violate the signage, "[FONT=&quot]Possession of a weapon on posted property is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by fine only of five hundred dollars ($500)". [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I will generally give less patronage to business that are like this. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Generally, you will be asked to leave and only charged if you resist. Refusal to abide by "No Colors" would probably just be a trespass charge at the most unless it became escalated by participants.

[/FONT]
Yes, it does seem most of the time it's the few that ruin things for the many. Even more so in the current inclusion society where people believe everybody should be allowed in everything, otherwise they are being discriminated against. Things like this are why I generally avoid rallies and large gatherings. There is just too much going on for proper situational awareness.

Also, I wonder what would happen or what attendance would be like if an entire rally posted "No Colors Allowed". I would be willing to bet rallies would be non-existent in short order.

The rallies are put on by private organizations..for the most part. They want to cancel so what? The best times I've ever had were joining up with some friends and and without any pre planning ended up on a run. Make your own fun.

I couldn't agree more with this. I have enough family and friends who ride and if we all got together at once, it would look like a club going down the road.

Years ago, I was in the French Quarter in New Orleans. I walked into a bar and the bouncer made me take off my doo rag! It had an Indian theme with a steer skull on it. Far from colors but he also made me put it fully in my pocket and not hang out. I was still able to wear my leather jacket that did not have any patches or advertising on it at the time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png