No Electrical Power

2006gold

950+ Posts
Jun 11, 2013
DFW, Texas
New battery. Checks OK and fully charged. Turn key and NOTHING happens - no electrical power to anything. Checked grounding of battery to frame and that's OK. Next step is fuses, but at a loss for the moment.

Ideas???????

Check the ignition switch under the hood, I had problems with mine and had to replace it. Another question, was everything working before you replaced the battery? Rick

Check the ignition switch under the hood, I had problems with mine and had to replace it. Another question, was everything working before you replaced the battery? Rick

Yes. Actually had drove the unit quite a bit. Was going to take it out for a bit of exercise when this problem cropped up.

tough one. Start with the switch you sure the battery is in correctly and the voltage is good? Rare but new batteries have gone bad.

Gonna go to the most obvious first since it's also the most overlooked.

Tilt the steering wheel down & try to start it.

That is TMS built in security system LOL. I found out the hard way the day I tried to drive it. Wouldn't start with the steering wheel full up. My X had been riding with no issues and she got on, lowered the wheel and started right up. The ignition switch is one cog off when installed as I was told while I was at the factory. I said leave it as I've been known to leave the keys in it on occasion. Didn't even charge for the added security system either, enjoy. Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png