Picture Posting

JTJersey

800+ Posts
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2021
Millville NJ USA
Is there some sort of limit on posted picture size I'm not aware of? On 08/07/2022 at 7:18PM (according to the logs) as usual my picture posted at a 100% size of 924.0 Kb +/- depending on the pic, or full size as taken with my camera, as they had been since I posted my first picture. After that time and up until today my pictures post at 57 Kb +/- or roughly at 8% of original size.

Everybody else's pics seem to be posting at full size, but mine are not. I've used 82.34 Mb of storage according to my Attachment Statistics. If my pictures get any smaller they'll look like postage stamps. Let me try this as an example. This pic is 3.8Mb in size and 4000 x 2250 pixels. The posted pic below is only 84.9 Kb in size and 800 x 450 pixels. I'm not understanding this. Any moderators that can point me in the right direction?

001.jpg

Is there some sort of limit on posted picture size I'm not aware of? On 08/07/2022 at 7:18PM (according to the logs) as usual my picture posted at a 100% size of 924.0 Kb +/- depending on the pic, or full size as taken with my camera, as they had been since I posted my first picture. After that time and up until today my pictures post at 57 Kb +/- or roughly at 8% of original size.

Everybody else's pics seem to be posting at full size, but mine are not. I've used 82.34 Mb of storage according to my Attachment Statistics. If my pictures get any smaller they'll look like postage stamps. Let me try this as an example. This pic is 3.8Mb in size and 4000 x 2250 pixels. The posted pic below is only 84.9 Kb in size and 800 x 450 pixels. I'm not understanding this. Any moderators that can point me in the right direction?

Testing a posting procedure I found by MB1953 from 06-03-2015. It involves left double-clicking the posted image to access an Image Editor Window. Never saw that one before. I selected Full Size in the Editor Window which should be 4.8 Mb 4608 x 3456 pixels and got this pic size of 99.4 Kb 800 x 600 pixels. Visually marginally bigger than the first one, but still not full size and doesn't open in a different window where it can be viewed in full size.

DSC00005.jpg

Testing a posting procedure I found by MB1953 from 06-03-2015. It involves left double-clicking the posted image to access an Image Editor Window. Never saw that one before. I selected Full Size in the Editor Window which should be 4.8 Mb 4608 x 3456 pixels and got this pic size of 99.4 Kb 800 x 600 pixels. Visually marginally bigger than the first one, but still not full size and doesn't open in a different window where it can be viewed in full size.

View attachment 114447

Although my pics do seem to post correctly, and the only thing that I actually do (don't know why) is crop all my post pics to 5X7 ... I just recently "clicked" onto one of Jack's pics and it had the (make bigger) + option on it for zooming or enlarging. How did he do that? ... This above pic looks posted correctly JT

Although my pics do seem to post correctly, and the only thing that I actually do (don't know why) is crop all my post pics to 5X7 ... I just recently "clicked" onto one of Jack's pics and it had the (make bigger) + option on it for zooming or enlarging. How did he do that? ... This above pic looks posted correctly JT

Jeff, I dunno what I do, I upload pictures from my phone to my computer

I then use the paper clip thing to upload the pictures to the Trike Talk up load, then it appears in the post

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back