Porsche 944 Trailing arms & Chico, CA Pick N Pull

Porsche 944 Trailing arms & Chico, CA Pick N Pull

Hi folks, I just wanted to give a shout out to Chico, CA Pick N Pull.

I have been trying to figure out what I wanted to do as far as disc brakes for my build and I read everything I could on different "Low Buck" set ups (Ize a poor boy).

There were a few that caught my eye so I set up a couple of online notifications at my local (within 150 miles, cause where I live no one is local) Pick N Pull.

I had an alert that a 1984 Porsche 944 was just put out and on my next day off and my last dollar I headed down to the PNP in Chico, CA.

I asked and was told that the whole rear trailing arm setup would be 100.00 a side and after a big wince I decided that since I didn't have any of those parts yet, it was worth it.

I'm a **** shooter by nature and the main guy said "Well crap if your restoring a Porsche 944, 200 bucks shouldn't phase you." So I proceeded to explain, in probably way too great a detail, my trike vision.

Hours later I come up with both trailing arms, rotor, hub, backing plate all complete, and the kid says 40 bucks a piece. Not wanting the Karma, I said "You said they were 100 a piece" and the kid says "The boss said we need more people doing projects like yours so he said to charge ya 40". I was floored but greatly appreciative.

So if your in the area and need something check em out.

This is one after I took off the rotor and caliper.

Hell of a deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Also wanted to add that a lot of net posts out there about what a PITA it is to remove the 944 rear trailing arm bushings so you can use the VDub ones.

I was at the autozone and happened to look down at the tool rental mat and I rented a Ball joint pickle fork.

It was just the right size and a couple of wacks per side and they popped out clean as could be.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png