Pow! Bang! when starting hot

The Man O War comp showed up in just a couple days. I asked them what chain tensioner they recommend, they said use OE.

So new chain, tensioner, clutch hub bearing, oil deflector(2011didn’t have) coming from H-D.

This is a thousand dollar repair. Ouch.

On the other hand, I’ve never had an out-of-service failure in 48000 miles of smiles.

Installed a mechanical reverse a couple years ago before the motor had a chance to crap out.

I’ll let y’all know how it feels after I get it running.

as long as you will be in there have you thought about the crank seal?

Unless the Motor Company figured out how to get oil in the critical areas of the compensator they were still **** IMO. The one I bought years ago was suppose to be the new and improved and was fretting in less that 300 miles with no signs of oil in the area fretting.

Be curious how your new dark horse works out for you.

Jack, I’m leaving crank seal alone. Most engines I’ve seen, small and big, that developed leaks at shaft seals, the oil was gross. No maintenance. Not the case here. Besides, I’m retired now and the “Finance Director” isn’t real happy about me dropping a bundle. She’s trying to build up the “winter in AZ fund”.

Road Dog mentioned the clutch hub bearing, got one coming. But Geez, the bearing that’s in there sure feels good, after removing the clutch, gave the basket a spin and it spun for what seemed like minutes…smooth. And pull the basket/flywheel off, what’s behind there? The mainshaft bearing. Also runs in primary oil, little splash hole at the top. I’m going to assume it’s OK too, and hopefully the Dimple magnetic drain plug kept most of the big chunks where they belong. They are strong. I have them in all 3 holes.

I got to stop somewhere.

The Man O War comp showed up in just a couple days. I asked them what chain tensioner they recommend, they said use OE.

So new chain, tensioner, clutch hub bearing, oil deflector(2011didn’t have) coming from H-D.

This is a thousand dollar repair. Ouch.

On the other hand, I’ve never had an out-of-service failure in 48000 miles of smiles.

Installed a mechanical reverse a couple years ago before the motor had a chance to crap out.

I’ll let y’all know how it feels after I get it running.

I have a Dark horse compensator of my 2020 maybe 2500 miles on it , I would sell for $200. like new .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msmoker
Back