Powder coating

Rogue1

400+ Posts
I have an extra set of stock rims for my TG and am going to get them powder coated to match the bike color Twisted Cherry. I am working with Prismatic Powders to match as close to the Twisted Cherry as possible. I am curious if anyone has matched their Twisted Cherry color to a powder coat color and what they may have used. I know it's a long shot but I had to ask.

I have an extra set of stock rims for my TG and am going to get them powder coated to match the bike color Twisted Cherry. I am working with Prismatic Powders to match as close to the Twisted Cherry as possible. I am curious if anyone has matched their Twisted Cherry color to a powder coat color and what they may have used. I know it's a long shot but I had to ask.

Actually, I was in the same situation…. I also have an extra set of stock wheels.

I am in process of custom painting my 2014 Tri Glide a HOK (House of Kolor) Kandy Brandywine and wanted to also powder coat to match, but determined it would not match 100% and would look more like a “mistake”.

So, I ended up having them Powder Coated “Super Chrome”. It still does not look exactly like chrome, but is very nice!

I’ve already made a decision (for next year) to send out my other set for a 100% chrome plated set.

but getting back to your original question… yes, I’ve seen many Colors that the powder coater can do, but be prepared that it will not be a perfect match.

(pics attached of the front wheel … I just got a new tire and will be mounting it this weekend)…. Matching Rears are still in boxes and will be getting new tires for the rear next month):

IMG_6498.jpgIMG_6497.jpgIMG_6495.jpg

Actually, I was in the same situation…. I also have an extra set of stock wheels.

I am in process of custom painting my 2014 Tri Glide a HOK (House of Kolor) Kandy Brandywine and wanted to also powder coat to match, but determined it would not match 100% and would look more like a “mistake”.

So, I ended up having them Powder Coated “Super Chrome”. It still does not look exactly like chrome, but is very nice!

I’ve already made a decision (for next year) to send out my other set for a 100% chrome plated set.

but getting back to your original question… yes, I’ve seen many Colors that the powder coater can do, but be prepared that it will not be a perfect match.

(pics attached of the front wheel … I just got a new tire and will be mounting it this weekend)…. Matching Rears are still in boxes and will be getting new tires for the rear next month):

View attachment 116882View attachment 116883View attachment 116884

I currently have chrome wheels on the trike and it does look real nice. I am well aware that the powder coating will not match the factory paint perfectly. Prismatic is sending me a number of swatches that I selected and I'm sure I can get it to match very close. I will post pictures of the end result.

I currently have chrome wheels on the trike and it does look real nice. I am well aware that the powder coating will not match the factory paint perfectly. Prismatic is sending me a number of swatches that I selected and I'm sure I can get it to match very close. I will post pictures of the end result.

Sounds good! Looking forward to see it and your results.

When you are having the wheels powder coated, remember the wheels are cast aluminum so they may have some very small holes that are in the casting and when they are powder coated and they put in the oven for baking at 400 degrees you might end up with some very small holes on your rims. On the stock center caps for the rear wheels the HD logo is just a foil stickon. Ttake it off before taking the wheels to get powder coated.

Beautiful match. Something to be proud of.

What made you go with the Solarus tires?

Cooper makes a good 50,000 mile tire and I've been running Solarus for the last 3 or 4 years. I went with new tires on the fresh rims and the Solarus handle great, ride great. I can't see paying big dollars for a big name tire when these ride great and are inexpensive. IMHO

What are you going to do with the chrome rims you have, I presume these are the stock rims front and back that are chromed? If selling them I might be interested in them if the price is right???

All for now Trampas

What are you going to do with the chrome rims you have, I presume these are the stock rims front and back that are chromed? If selling them I might be interested in them if the price is right???

All for now Trampas

I am considering selling them. Price as of yet unknown.They are stock rims but not from my bike. I bought them chromed. I had my original Wheels powder coated.

All for now Trampas

I'll let you know, thanks

Back