Question about heated gear

My girl friend gave me a Tourmaster heated vest 3 yrs ago and I LOVE it. It has 3 adjustments and anything above low will run you out of it at 40 degrees.

Heated gear is the way i ride in the winter, Two things about it, You must remember to unplug when you dismount, And in case of a malfunction i.e. Blown fuse, bike stops running, Or forgetting to unplug [done that] you should have extra cloths with you!

I have the HD heated jacket liner and gloves. So far, I haven't had to use them but after a ride from Caldwell to Boise in 28* weather yesterday, decided the heated gear has to be worn. Stopped at the local HD shop and ordered the heated pants today.

I guess I'm getting to the age where cold is going to bother me more...very interested in heated gear, now, especially gloves-my hands seem to freeze to the bars!

Does anyone have a line on an American made product? I can't seem to find any...:(

As I said earlier,

One word of caution. In my case I have a problem with the pads of my fingers(finger print area) not getting any heat since the wiring of the gloves go horizontally around the fingers. The heated grips also don't heat that area because I have long fingers. so I have to scrunch up my fingers when out for a long time. That is my one and only pet peeve. I wish Gerbing would run the wires from the top of the fingers around the tips to the bottom = problem would be solved.

I've contacted Gerbing 4 more times. At least someone finally replied back, but on all three times they couldn't answer that very simple question. I can't believe no one at Gerbing can give me a definative answer - probably because the gloves are not wired the way I need them, but at least tell me so I don't keep wasteing my time trying to get an answer.
If I had the knowledge, I'd take the gloves apart and rewire them myself. I guess I could try a tailor.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png